My New Hobby

forumshrew

Feb 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
New guy here. Been studying the forum, taking notes and copying and pasting all the tips and tricks I can find. (Thanks everyone). Bought a whites M6 and have been reading and reading the manual. Took it out last week, first day 3 quarters 3 dimes 2 nickels 7 pennies. Two days later went back to same spot and found 9 nickels! etc. I'm keeping that discrimination low. Someone else hunted there before I got back the second time, so I spent about 40 minutes filling their holes (bringing dirt from the surrounding woods). They must have carried off some of their plugs, because that's all they left was a hole, big enough to twist an ankle. Anyway had fun. Being pretty pooped out, I got sloppy on my last dig and somehow stepped on my headphone cord and ripped the plug right off. Guess I better learn when to fold em and when to hold em.

The one thing I concentrated on was, that whenever I decided to dig, I listened to the sound, looked at the display, and asked myself what I thought I might have. I think this a good approach for me. I called about 5 out of 9 nickels. Well I hope to learn a thing or two in order to give back, for those who have freely shared for my benefit.

62dold

Jan 13, 2013
kentucky
Detector(s) used
white, bounty hunter, white tresure ray,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You have to be carefull about guessing what it sounds like. I got to where i thought i knew the sounds of different metals so well, that i stopped digging a lot of the signals. Lost a lot of coins that way, if the ground is full of trash i discriminate, if not i run with no discriminate. As long as i can pick up a nickle i know i'll find the gold.

hikerdude

Jan 31, 2013
Palmdale, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here 62dold, I look for the nickel sound. I figure, a hundred nickels, one thousand pull tabs, and finally gold. It pretty much averages out that way for me. Pull tabs go to Rondald Mc Donald house. I'm tired tonight, I doug about 200 targets today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread