homestead-hunter

Jan 18, 2013
Roswell, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
BH Elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be really neat to have a cell phone app that you can activate the cell phone gps and the app allows you to mark, label, take pictures, and comment about a find. This information will then be uploaded to Treasurenet World and can be viewed on a google earth viewer which is all strictly Treasurenet World placemarks. People visit the treasurenet site can click on the navigation button on the screen next to "forum" and it will open up the treasurenet viewer. Some options when uploading would be which forum to add it to, title, description, and any other ideas. This app can be sold on and downloaded on your phone. Some revenue can be used to improve the software. Then there could be another page where you can upload your coordinated for metal detecting finds manually in case you dont want to use a cell or want more accurate waypoints. There can be a ".kmz" file which will open all the waypoints up in Google Earth.

OP
OP
homestead-hunter

homestead-hunter

Jan 18, 2013
Roswell, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
BH Elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They could also have a feature which allows you to show where you have detected using a breadcrumb or line trail, labeled hits (waypoints) show where other people with the app (other detectionists) you can text or chat them to meetup. It will show a trail where other people have walked and detected (selective color lines)

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
All i use my cell phone for is phone calls..... I don't use apps.....

OP
OP
homestead-hunter

homestead-hunter

Jan 18, 2013
Roswell, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
BH Elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All i use my cell phone for is phone calls..... I don't use apps.....

I was thinking they could have a page where you could manually input coordinates from a gps. it will give you the option to share with friends....public....or private. It will then show up on the google earth viewer on the website page, Which would be Treasurenet World. Then they have the mobile app option which is a cell phone or something along that line. The Treasurenet World site and the Mobile app would be linked together.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I was thinking they could have a page where you could manually input coordinates from a gps. it will give you the option to share with friends....public....or private. It will then show up on the google earth viewer on the website page, Which would be Treasurenet World. Then they have the mobile app option which is a cell phone or something along that line. The Treasurenet World site and the Mobile app would be linked together.
... Like i said i don't use apps.... I use my cell to make and receive calls .... I thought that was what phones were for.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would we want to upload where we hunt, most of us don't want to share that info....

We already have a phone app that allows you to log in load pictures and post...

OP
OP
homestead-hunter

homestead-hunter

Jan 18, 2013
Roswell, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
BH Elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would we want to upload where we hunt, most of us don't want to share that info....

We already have a phone app that allows you to log in load pictures and post...

You dont have to. But some people dont care. Like in a park. You should be able to make it private or just share with certain contacts. Its just an idea.

OP
OP
homestead-hunter

homestead-hunter

Jan 18, 2013
Roswell, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
BH Elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And keppy, thats another cool feature, you dont have to use it if you dont want to, you are not obligated to download or use it, if all you do with your phone is make calls, this doesnt apply to you, thanks for looking though. My phone is a camera, gps, computer, phone, mp3 player and I love having all those resources at my fingertips.

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
And keppy, thats another cool feature, you dont have to use it if you dont want to, you are not obligated to download or use it, if all you do with your phone is make calls, this doesnt apply to you, thanks for looking though. My phone is a camera, gps, computer, phone, mp3 player and I love having all those resources at my fingertips.
A lot like that kind of thing............ But i never got caught up in it........ I have a old flip phone that i have been using for about 8 years now and it does all i want a phone to do..........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions