For authors only!

Dan Hughes

Aug 26, 2008
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several
Are there other authors in this group? If you've ever sold an article to one of the treasure magazines, here's something to consider.

I used to write treasure articles for the magazines. But after a while, it hit me: Sell one article, you get a check. One and done. Want more money? Sell another article.

But! When you write a book, you get paid over and over and over, every time you sell a copy, and you never have to write again! (Well, except to occasionally update your book.)

Mine has been selling steadily for four years now. Since I sell it only through my website (Kellyco wanted to sell it but I said no), and I do no paid advertising, the book stays pretty much under the radar. It sells slowly but steadily as people are told about it by others who have bought it.

If you'd like to get serious about writing a book, buzz me ([email protected]). I can answer some of your questions and give you some tips. (Free!) (I'm retired and have some spare time!)

Best,

---Dan Hughes, The Metal Detecting Manual

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very generous offer Dan!! Good on ya! :icon_thumright: I think a lot of hobbyists will benefit from your advice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions