Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea but you never know, they could "have an ace in the hole" haha

It's Juice in the hole...
roundness
nick in pock
HV

My wife said if I start talking like them she is going to run over my detector....she neglected to say whether or not she would do it while I was holding it..

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You mean to say we see how nothing can be changed into something tonight. I watch it for the finds. I wonder what nothing looks like. I think I will skip the barrel race. Frank

Blue 1212.jpg

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get your DVR ready ladys... The boys are on. HAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAH HAHAHAH HAHAH AHAHAH HAHA hahahahahah ha ha zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Toadady

Greenie
Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i liked it when gorgey says "dam it". when ring-a-ding found the fiddy

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the knife Ringy found is a Kamp King...I found one in Dupont Indiana, a town where Morgans Raiders camped for the night during the Civil War...mine was probably lost by a farmer in the 1930s or 40s, but Im saying it was lost by one of Morgans men and if you doubt me Ill say it was lost by Morgan himself. :laughing7:

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They explored the Fairfield Inn (just a few miles outside Gettysburg and within a mile of where I live). I know they didn't find anything; nada, zilch except some trash. Lets see if they embelish it a bit.
So, they didnt find those knifes and pennies at the inn?... or was that the trash the local was talking about...some would call that good finds and others would call it trash.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I call it EXPOSED! It's just that some can't see the forrest for the trees. Frank

Blue 1212.jpg It seems that some don't believe other members statements or try to twist the meaning.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, they didnt find those knifes and pennies at the inn?... or was that the trash the local was talking about...some would call that good finds and others would call it trash.

Yea they were Probably so stoked,
thinking they have to find civil war relics for them ,
the ownership of the inn thought "Skunked" nothing worth bragging about.
so they let the diggers keep everything.

I guess they need to bring the rastler in.
He'll find a $30,000.00 relic or the first expiremental Civil war tank
in the back yard of the inn

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Yea they were Probably so stoked,
thinking they have to find civil war relics for them ,
the ownership of the inn thought "Skunked" nothing worth bragging about.
so they let the diggers keep everything.

I guess they need to bring the rastler in.
He'll find a $30,000.00 relic or the first expiremental Civil war tank
in the back yard of the inn

I know you were joking Jeff, but the first tanks were used in Columbia NM by, I think it was Pershing, to chase out Poncho Villa and follow him into Mexico. It is now a state park and I have hunted it. All I found there were the back flap longjohd buttons. Frank

A.P.G.-TANKS 019.jpg No not this one, but this is the oldest one I got!

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know you were joking Jeff, but the first tanks were used in Columbia NM by, I think it was Pershing, to chase out Poncho Villa and follow him into Mexico. Frank

View attachment 744914 No not this one, but this is the oldest one I got!

I was joking :icon_thumright: but at the same time thinking they may have experimented with
something like those shields atf uses , where they practically stand inside it & walk.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I call it EXPOSED! It's just that some can't see the forrest for the trees. Frank

View attachment 744897 It seems that some don't believe other members statements or try to twist the meaning.
I dont think we EXPOSED the original poster...he may have been misinformed.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I dont think we EXPOSED the original poster...he may have been misinformed.

The way I look at it. He lives near that location and knows the owner of the property. I think that gives his statement presidency as I see it over your interpenetration of a scripted event on TV. If you are observant, you can see that the holes are actually being REopened, so anything could be placed in them. Frank

Blue 1212.jpg

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I was joking :icon_thumright: but at the same time thinking they may have experimented with
something like those shields atf uses , where they practically stand inside it & walk.

That was deVinci's invention. . Frank

devinci  tank.jpg deVinci's "tank"

Last edited:

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The way I look at it. He lives near that location and knows the owner of the property. I think that giver his statement presidency as I see it over your interpenetration of a scripted event on TV. If you are observant, you can see that the holes are actually being REopened, so anything could be placed in them. Frank

View attachment 745073

I'm sure they do reopen the holes as they do retakes and such. But I wouldn't accuse them if stuffing the holes with pennies and old rotted knives. OP's info was third hand from people not openly engaged in metal detecting, archeology, or antiquities or he would have told us. Had OP been the guy following them around I think we would have heard it put differently.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the OP had seen them I wouldnt have questioned him. I imagine they reopen holes and such but I believe they find everything they show.

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If the OP had seen them I wouldnt have questioned him. I imagine they reopen holes and such but I believe they find everything they show.

"Never believe anything you hear and only half of what you see. "
Just one of the many little philosophies I have in life.

OP
OP
WoofWoof

WoofWoof

Greenie
Apr 28, 2012
Gettysburg
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT Pro, Fisher F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm not sure why some of you are doubting what I said in my original post. IMHO 1930's pocket knives & recent 1 cent pennies are pretty much worthless. I simply said that they didn't find anything of historical value. Also, if you look closly at the one minie ball they found and said it had been shot, looks more to me like a dropped ball that had a plow run across it. One last thing; my information wasn't third hand but on the spot second hand at worst.

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not sure why some of you are doubting what I said in my original post. IMHO 1930's pocket knives & recent 1 cent pennies are pretty much worthless. I simply said that they didn't find anything of historical value. Also, if you look closly at the one minie ball they found and said it had been shot, looks more to me like a dropped ball that had a plow run across it. One last thing; my information wasn't third hand but on the spot second hand at worst.

Oh I agree that the mini-ball looked plowed over. The shape was too intact to have impacted something. And I don't doubt you OP. But I wouldn't say they found NOTHING. They found the Mini-(Unfired I agree) and they found a colonial coin. They just didn't find HV, Juice, Nectar... Should they just have dissed the area and the Inn by tossing the footage?
All's I'm saying is cut the guys some slack. They aren't professional actors like the "Savages":3some:...they are just a couple of goofy mooks who like detecting, and how is that different than any of us? I'm the best looking coolest guy around here....

But not every body can be this handsome, and cool. It takes work. You people are lucky I even hang out with you.:laughing7::laughing7: goof.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread