clarence

Greenie
Dec 18, 2012
Holiday, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking to purchase a new detector. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with a Tesoro because they have a lifetime warranty on their products. The problem is, is that I don't know which one is the best for me. I have a $400.00 to $600.00 budget. I live on the gulf coast of Florida and want to go hunting on the beach (dry sand) and also want to go dirt fishing as well. Currently I own a Fisher 1280x Aquanaut, Tesoro Silver Sabre II, and a Fisher Gold Bug (the original one). The Fisher is brand new but has not been in the water yet. I'd like to get one that has different tones One that is easy to operate, kinda like a plug and play detector. Any advice for me?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I suggest you go with the Vaquero. Good Luck!

OP
OP
clarence

clarence

Greenie
Dec 18, 2012
Holiday, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice! Awesome machine! I picked one up from Craigslist yesterday for $350.00 and after watching some videos on Youtube I played with it in the front yard yesterday. I can't wait to get this machine into some real action! I really appreciate the advice! Thanks again, Clarence

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suggest you go with the Vaquero. Good Luck!

Well, on thing is for certain, Terry always gives good advice.. Unlike some others (me) :tongue3:

Terry, what is your cut on pushing the Vaquero :dontknow:

I bet the new guy is wondering if I'm kidding, or not :laughing7:

Clarence, welcome to T-Net :icon_thumright:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, on thing is for certain, Terry always gives good advice.. Unlike some others (me) :tongue3:

Terry, what is your cut on pushing the Vaquero :dontknow:..

My cut is an "Atta Boy!" from you Spart! :icon_thumright:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... you got one advice and you set it in stone

your easy

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not knocking the Vaquero, it's one heck of a machine but i fail to see why you needed it..You already had a detector for anything you should need with your other three

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm looking to purchase a new detector. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with a Tesoro because they have a lifetime warranty on their products. The problem is, is that I don't know which one is the best for me. I have a $400.00 to $600.00 budget. I live on the gulf coast of Florida and want to go hunting on the beach (dry sand) and also want to go dirt fishing as well. Currently I own a Fisher 1280x Aquanaut, Tesoro Silver Sabre II, and a Fisher Gold Bug (the original one). The Fisher is brand new but has not been in the water yet. I'd like to get one that has different tones One that is easy to operate, kinda like a plug and play detector. Any advice for me?
I don't know why you need another detector either you have them covered for what you do...You said plug & play or turn on and go ...... Well that is what your 1280x is..... The 1280 is as good on land as well as water.....AND your Silver Saber ll is a turn and go detector........

Last edited:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why do tesoro have such a cheap sound to them
even the out law sound like a bounty hunter and that is a cheap sound-en detector....
don't care for cheap sounding detectors or tone idea ether.....drive you nuts like a ace 2 fiddy with it's bell tone....

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know what is actually funny about this hobby, many here sound like women. No, I'm not being insulting, you just have to think about it. Too tired to think I bet, so I'll let you in my my thinking :tongue3:

I've found that many here, have several types of detectors for various reasons and hunting purposes; just like women that have shoes for every occasion. :laughing7:

Me? I'm happy with my 250, probably far from the best and maybe close to the worst, but it serves its purpose in finding metal :laughing7: I consider myself one of the lucky ones, I don't really care what I find so long as I have fun :tongue3:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
even the out law sound like a bounty hunter and that is a cheap sound-en detector....
don't care for cheap sounding detectors or tone idea ether.....drive you nuts like a ace 2 fiddy with it's bell tone....

Tesoro machines "sound" cheap to you Lift? Perception is an interesting thing. I hate the "Weeee-Wooooo" of my $5,700.00 Minelab Gpx 5000 a lot more than the sweet "Zip-Zip" of my Vaquero or Sand Shark. Are you a "cat" person? :cat:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know what is actually funny about this hobby, many here sound like women. No, I'm not being insulting, you just have to think about it. Too tired to think I bet, so I'll let you in my my thinking :tongue3:

I've found that many here, have several types of detectors for various reasons and hunting purposes; just like women that have shoes for every occasion. :laughing7:

Me? I'm happy with my 250, probably far from the best and maybe close to the worst, but it serves its purpose in finding metal :laughing7: I consider myself one of the lucky ones, I don't really care what I find so long as I have fun :tongue3:

For me Spart, it is the same as when I got my first Cox o49 string control Stuka Dive Bomber back in the 1960s, and slowly started to add more and more planes and R/C equipment to my collection. I’ve owned and gone through Whites; Fisher; Garrett; Bounty Hunter; C & G; Minelab; and Tesoro machines in the last 30+ years. I now have four or five Minelab and Tesoro machines in my bag at any given time, because they each do something better than the other ones – kind of like a putter; chipper; driver; and sand wedge. Yeah, I’m a girl.. :thumbsup:

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I sorta understand what you mean..I actually love that minelab sound the best.. Most people hate it. In the end, sound does not mean sh#t. If ur diggin thats all u need to worry about.

OP
OP
clarence

clarence

Greenie
Dec 18, 2012
Holiday, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I sure didn't mean to stir up so much controversy! I have the Fisher Gold Bug on eBay right now with a lot of accessories, I'll probably wind up putting the Silver Sabre II on there next. I like this Vaquero and my 1280x! One for water and one for dirt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread