Not important but i have to post this any way.

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While sitting at the supper table with the wife and kids last night i was explaining to my wife how my son /partner seems to be only interested in hitting the parks and finding change and the hopes of a gold ring or necklace , he has seemed to forget the talks he had with me about finding history,,lol

So any way my wife spoke up and said , if that is what he wants take him to the parks and take her to the old yards where we can find old stuff,, she says she would love to find something that is old and no one has seen for 100 years .

That floored me , my wife is a well educated woman so i do not doubt her interest , but she is not the type to go outside or get dirty...but this has my hopes up , because i would love to have a hobby that we 2 could share..( other then raising kids,,,lol )

any way , like i said in title , not important to the rest of the world but it has me going :)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the greatest things about detecting is the adventure, and if many knew about this they'd probably be more interested. I know in my area if more people gave it a chance and realized what could be found they'd be hooked, but thankfully they do not. It's really funny because I've been doing it since the very late 90s and it still seems to be the same cast of characters.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just one small brick in the foundation of my theory. In our fast moving society today with all this information whizzing about at light speed we fail to really communicate with each other. If there is one thing missing today that we all enjoyed growing up I would have to say it's sit down family dinners. You just never know what's in store.

Enjoy your hunts.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep.....all about the thrill of the chase and the unknown.....if you keep at it long enough the good stuff will pop up....be it relics, button, jewelry or old coins.

As IP said a limited cast of people stick it out to give it the proper chance.....so that leaves the hard core types with a better chance in the long run.

Regards + HH

Bill

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.....all about the thrill of the chase and the unknown.....if you keep at it long enough the good stuff will pop up....be it relics, button, jewelry or old coins.

As IP said a limited cast of people stick it out to give it the proper chance.....so that leaves the hard core types with a better chance in the long run.

Regards + HH

Bill

It took me about 14 years from my initial thought about being interested in detecting to actually buying and using one. Fortunately the locals in all those years didn't figure out the fields had the best stuff and left them alone. Unfortunately for anyone now it's not near as easy with all the ground we've covered, and you certainly wouldn't want to wait any amount of years before getting going. It's both cool and sad that the future generations will never get to experience detecting in quite the same way as we have the last decade. (speaking in terms of my own area) That's not to say there's still not a lot of good stuff to dig, because there is, but damn those newbies are going to find a lot of great looking fields with very little left but iron.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions