Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....mailed her the cheque today for the newest addition to my Garrett family . New water headphones for the Seahunter Mark 2, extra battery clip ball hat and an Ace 250. Going to use it as a back up for the forthcoming trip to the Dominican. Family chipped in as a Christmas present which also netted me a water proof watch. No excuse now for coming home late from swinging Any tips folks on using that model? Happy hunting!

garrettman64

Nov 8, 2006
mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 pro & Whites Classic SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hiey there nice where ya getting the ace 250 from?? there wicked cool

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
The Ace250 is the easiest machine you will ever encounter. I use it exclusively and find lots of things. I'm a land hunter, but I hear that it isn't a good beach machine. Maybe someone else will enlighten us. For average hunting, you picked a great machine.

DM

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Seahunter MkII but haven't had a chance to use it in saltwater. I have used it a couple of times in the area lakes freshwater and it did great. And, contrary to what I keep reading, you can discriminate out pulltabs and still pick up gold with it. It has two settings, turn it to the setting rather than the regular setting (can't remember what it's called right now) and discriminate out pull tabs. Gold will come in as a mere whisper and you really have to listen close. I have use it a couple of times in a planted underwater hunt with my club and the only problem is it will pick up very deep targets, much deeper than the planted tokens, and it doesn't have a depth indicator on it. I spent too much time digging deep targets to be competative with the most used VLF machines. But in prctice rounds I have picked up targets that the VLF machines don't even hear. I once dug up a silver ring in wet sand at almost two feet. Hard to dig because the hole kept filling in with water! Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread