XP Deus vs the CTX 3030

beeman553

Greenie
Mar 13, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Teknetics Gamma 6000, AT PRO, Garrett ACE 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been given so much help already, but research never ends. I really like the Deus and CTX 3030, but unsure if they are really worth the bucks. Seems there is a following and believer for about every machine out there.

Am I barking up the wrong tree seeking a high priced MD? Seems the features are there for the price, but do I need all that? Where I hunt the iron and foil is in great amounts. Signals are close so I know I miss things. We hunt old home sites. I will need mult frequencies because we will do beach hunting as well. But then again, maybe I need to have a dedicated machine for the beach. Pay less for one for coins, relics...and one for the beach. With the cash amount I will spend on the 3030 I probably can have two dedicated machines.

Since my last post seeking advice, I have learned much. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Thanks to Bart at Metal Detector Sales Specializing in Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and Garrett Detectors for his help. Looking forward to placing an order with him.

Are these two machines overkill? Or am I looking in the right direction? Looking forward for more advice.

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been given so much help already, but research never ends. I really like the Deus and CTX 3030, but unsure if they are really worth the bucks. Seems there is a following and believer for about every machine out there.

Am I barking up the wrong tree seeking a high priced MD? Seems the features are there for the price, but do I need all that? Where I hunt the iron and foil is in great amounts. Signals are close so I know I miss things. We hunt old home sites. I will need mult frequencies because we will do beach hunting as well. But then again, maybe I need to have a dedicated machine for the beach. Pay less for one for coins, relics...and one for the beach. With the cash amount I will spend on the 3030 I probably can have two dedicated machines.

Since my last post seeking advice, I have learned much. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Thanks to Bart at Metal Detector Sales Specializing in Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and Garrett Detectors for his help. Looking forward to placing an order with him.

Are these two machines overkill? Or am I looking in the right direction? Looking forward for more advice.

there are a number of factors that we need to fully assist you.

1.is it the fact you will hunt beaches or inland the most or is it like 50/50
2.what is your current model is it a turn on and go machine or a more complex machine
3.affordability vs resale value

as i understand it the minelabs are deep most of the past minelabs have slow recovery times in iron the ctx 3030 certainty has a much faster recovery time then the etrac.
and is most effective using the combine mode at least in heavy iron very good results have been reported.
it certainly is well equipped to deal with the beach being fully waterproof.

Some of the earlier models of the ctx suffered from randomly shutting down but this has been rectified now.
of course the learning curve of the 3030 is to be taken into consideration there are a lot of options which will of course take time to master.

I think what your asking is there a machine that is all things to all people I guess not but the ctx3030 comes dam close but for the price it should.

I hope i have given you some food for thought and wish you every luck in your future endeavors MM

OP
OP
B

beeman553

Greenie
Mar 13, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I currently own the Teknetics Gamma 6000. I have had success with this machine, but want to optimize my time with the best, or at least better, MD. I realize there is a stiff learning curve and willing to undertake that. I read an article on this site a few days ago that laid it on the line...no, there is not the perfect machine for all purposes.

Most of my hunts will be on land. Maybe once or twice a year I may hit the beaches.

I am leery of throwing 2500 dollars at a MD when one half that cost will do the same. I have watched videos and read enough to see with both machines people are claiming they are finding coins, etc, in areas that have been hunted to death. Fact of fiction, I don't know.

The Minelab E-Trec looks like a good machine as well. Just too many options.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all you need is a white's detector
I can just about imagine what that gamma sounds like a bounty hunter no wait a fisher or a garret at pro real chezzy

OP
OP
B

beeman553

Greenie
Mar 13, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't disagree about the Whites, they are good machines. The one you suggested in another post is an Pulse type. There may come a day when I pursue that, but right now I desire some discretion in what I dig, or at least some help.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, I have been in it since the 70"s and here's what I do. The Whites Surfmaste PI I use is 12 years old and it has pulled about everything that you will find on the beach, wedding bands, diamond rings, coins from all over the world. You can pick up a used one in good condition and be very satisfied.
On land, For real deep, I use the surfmaster. For general purpose I use a 12 year old Whites XLT. It will find everything the newer ones will find except deep caches over 2'down, for that I use an old Hays 2 Box that has never failed me. It will go down at least 6' and that is verified by finds.
BUT if you really have to have the "latest and greatest", those 2 look good. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread