GARRETT GTI 2500 question

rvenneman

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2013
Oregon Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I decided on this detector. Getting information from the manufacturer is difficult. From anyone's experience, will the GTI2500 work at the beach (dry sand) and also in the wooded areas also? We spend our times as volunteers with the Oregon State Parks and 3 months at the NJ shore area. I am going to search for coins, relics, jewelry. Is this a good choice? Does anyone have a better choice? I see some packages available with a 9.5 and 12 coil. Thanks for any help and advice anyone can give.

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm happy with my 2500 yes it work great on coin's,and yes there is a setting for salt water beach's,it's a plus for me.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 2500 is a OK detector for the saltwater beach so long as you stay in the dry sand. For wet sand you need more transmit frequencies. There are lighter weight MD's out there but if you want arms like Popey, use the 2500. It will work fine in the woods too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread