which one would you buy

weldermark

Jan 17, 2005
LOU-EVIL KY
Detector(s) used
white's DFX
hi man,welcome to the forum,my opinion would be to go with the dfx,you can use it in
most any application.
you may want to download the manual and read it first to see if your up to it, 90 + pages if i recall right.
you still may be able to get a free copy of understanding white's dfx by jimmy sierra
also on the net somewhere!!forgot...oh well good luck in your choice.

Mark

H

hanjixlt

I was asking the same question myself. I've been riding with the XLT for ten years.. thought about upgrading and the DFX was the obvious choice. I ended up calling Whites and asking this simple question. "Is the DFX a major jump from my XLT.. and will it blow me away". I was waiting for the sales pitch to convince me the DFX was the best machine on the planet.. and he said.. and I swear.. "stay with the XLT". He said there is an improvement.. but not a "blow your mind away" improvement from the XLT. After hearing this, I decided to not go with the DFX and give the Minelab Explorer SE a try.

I think it'll be cool to sweep an area with both detectors. Either way, a nice change will be fun. I haven't received my SE yet, but will be sure to post my findings. No matter what, I'm not going to completely give up my Whites. We've been through alot together.

hanjixlt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions