for_dummies.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 92

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know or understand the real premise of this thread? If I was to put in the time, effort and due diligence to make a significant find, something of value, two things would not happen,no one would know what I discovered or where I discovered it.

That being said, I think it's fine to share with everyone you successes and to lend assistance to those who have asked a question. I enjoy reading about the finds and discoveries of you all, but also respect the need for privacy of all of us. Too many lurkers and others spend all their time waiting to profit off the hard work done by any successful person. While I will agree that we were created equal, that only means to me that you have the same ability to do your own due diligence.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm pretty much new here and I say I want more than directions to everyone's hard earned secret locations, I want everbody to re-bury their best finds and put an orange flag at each spot with a description of the object and how deep it is so i can come dig it up without my detector and save on the batteries...no wait, forget that...anyone who finds something valuable just mail it to me wrapped in a 20$ bill.

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty much new here and I say I want more than directions to everyone's hard earned secret locations, I want everbody to re-bury their best finds and put an orange flag at each spot with a description of the object and how deep it is so i can come dig it up without my detector and save on the batteries...no wait, forget that...anyone who finds something valuable just mail it to me wrapped in a 20$ bill.

Yes brillant but could people send stuff in 100 $ bill

chaseadams

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2013
Bristol, VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope the entire community doesn't leave rude comments or call people stupid for asking a question. If they do maybe this isn't the place for me.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope the entire community doesn't leave rude comments or call people stupid for asking a question. If they do maybe this isn't the place for me.
Most people on this sight seam to be very nice and are just funnin.
I'm sure M M doesn't expect people to tell where there best spots are besides in my case it would be
A long journey for him to find four pull tabs and a bottle cap

Doc-USN(Ret)

Feb 24, 2013
Lexington, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OH MY GOD!!!! Does anyone not get sarcasm any more. Holy Cow folks. I actually got the thread as soon as I read it. Metal was just being a smarta@@ and I thought it was funny. I want the exact coordinates too. LOL Lighten up folks. Yes, the people that do the research do deserve to find the treasure and those that are too lazy to do it don't. Happy hunting folks.

Doc

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH MY GOD!!!! Does anyone not get sarcasm any more. Holy Cow folks. I actually got the thread as soon as I read it. Metal was just being a smarta@@ and I thought it was funny. I want the exact coordinates too. LOL Lighten up folks. Yes, the people that do the research do deserve to find the treasure and those that are too lazy to do it don't. Happy hunting folks.

Doc

I much prefer the word humor sir but yes ur right

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would like welcome you to a fantastic site the guys here are fantastic. I'm curious to some of the responses provoked especially those that refer to political issues some of my posts seem to court controversy even when I'm not even trying. Do I honesty expect treasure on a plate not in a hundred years. You know sometimes when I turn on the tv I see such pain as we all do certainly in the USA in the last week if my post's such as this one manage to cut though the doom and gloom even for a minute I'm willing to roll with the punches it isn't about trolling,post counts hacking people off its humor MM style in the past one of the admins commented on my off the wall sense of humor I think he called it "Shameless" as in the Uk program which is wacky off the wall and sometimes misunderstood.

So please don't let this put you off the site like I say the members that know my post's like this one know what to expect so good luck and welcome.

cashole

Mar 26, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is funny

Last edited:

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
MM, some of us don't have them new fancy gps co ordanates makin cell phone thingies. We HAVE to do it the old way "Now go down this road to the fork in the road........"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions