An EMMENSE landslide occurred in Calaveras County, CA

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On January 1st, 1997. The destructive path is OVER 10,000 feet long! I was told the large gravel/rock bar at the Collierville Power Plant (Calaveras County) was completely built in the year of 1997. This historical note was confirmed (in a way) by a Stanislaus S F booklet available at the Hathaway Pines Ranger Station. The Sour Grass Slide above Dorrington, CA is interesting reading. A one dollar donation will get you a copy of this booklett, describing this massive event. the largest.... well, Google up Sour Grass Slide for the rest of the story! TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OOPS! My post above sorta inferes I am asking for the donation. Not so. The booklet is available at the Hathaway Pines, CA Ranger Station counter. Googling those words will get you much info on the slide. Here is a pic of the 10,000 feet + slide as it appears on Google Earth. TTC
slide.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread