Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
This is the second Tnet is just fine thread posted by a mod in the past week or two. Is there something going on that the masses don't see? Disatisfaction or a mass exodus of members?

Here is my take - this is a hobby forum. As such it's pretty good forum. Lot's of good people and a ton of embedded wisdom. Most of that wisdom is available to any of us just for the asking. Beyond that, some of us have found great hunting partners and made friends with people on this forum.

Could the forum do some things better, yup! Could they do some things worse? One look at the competition answers that question.

Now if we could just get a 2nd amendment debate thread along with the watchdog thread, the place would be perfect!:laughing7:
... No there is not a mass exodus some got mad and left and probably some will be back................... There got to be a lot of name calling ....... Getting mad at each other so the mods had to step in and try to settle it down......... Then some got mad about that........ There was a lot of arguments about dumb things like what treasure hunting TV show was best ....... and if you did not like the one i like then BAM they started to get nasty with each other............ The same with what Metal Detector was best ......... They would fight over nothing ..... were you could hunt , ect , ect , ......... It just got plain crazy ....... If some one liked something and some one else did not ........ They would call them names plus other things... There was no disagreements ..... there was name calling and hate....................

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Majority of those that recently left have only been around a couple years.....

OK, I only saw one post by someone leaving, and I thought they were an old-timer.

I guess you'll get this kind of thing on any public site, when you have so many members.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
OK, I only saw one post by someone leaving, and I thought they were an old-timer.

I guess you'll get this kind of thing on any public site, when you have so many members.
You know what they say .... No one can get along with every one......... And if they can .... There must be something wrong with that person that can get along with every one....

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know what they say .... No one can get along with every one......... And if they can .... There must be something wrong with that person that can get along with every one....

LOL.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They would never have survived 3 days in the rubber room.....

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the mods are that bored that they delete post and then talk about a person after they leave, even chuckle about it? You have more problems than you know.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the mods are that bored that they delete post and then talk about a person after they leave, even chuckle about it? You have more problems than you know.

Casa we delete posts that go off track of original post or violate our rules, all of that is clearly stated in our terms of service and rules section.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
?????? Did you notice that i am not a Mod. .... And i have no idea what post you are talking about i have seen nothing like that ???

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Was the rubber room a place where members could speak their minds without reprisal from mods?

If so, I'm all in, bring it back! We'll see who survives!

Such places do exist on other hobby/activity forums.

They should put an Enter at your own risk disclaimer on the thread. But as bruised as you may get, the mods let it all fly. Including against them if they chose to enter.

Last edited:

tims1chap

Feb 6, 2013
Winchester, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now list the top 20 posters and then who averages the most post per day. ;)

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was the rubber room a place where members could speak their minds without reprisal from mods?

If so, I'm all in, bring it back! We'll see who survives!

Such places do exist on other hobby/activity forums.

They should put an Enter at your own risk disclaimer on the thread. But as bruised as you may get, the mods let it all fly. Including against them if they chose to enter.

Rubber room is no more and will not return......

Anyone wishing political debate is welcome to do so on other sites, I am sure you can find a lively debate there.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread