Fishers new F4....

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Is nothing but the Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 aka Titan 3000, just a better coil, better arm rest and better shaft.
Obviously the color scheme is a little different, and the button lay out is j-u-s-t slightly different, but it is the same. The price tag is a pretty big difference though.

Sad to see First Texas just keep reselling the same thing in a different box.

Attachments

• pRS1C-2265811w345.jpg
    pRS1C-2265811w345.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 347
  • F4facenew-533x450.jpg
    F4facenew-533x450.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 399
  • titan3000xdfaceB.jpg
    titan3000xdfaceB.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 352
  • pRS1C-2265811w345.jpg
    pRS1C-2265811w345.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 349

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but dave have you used it?

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha! I looked them up and you're right! Identical machines - verrry slight mods in the face and a different coil. The company must be desperate for money to try and pull a trick like this!

[size=20pt]Fisher F-4 - $425.00
Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 - $299.00
Titan 3000 - $379.95

All thee seem to be the same exact machines, except for very slight modifications in the face and coil shape.......
[/size]

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First Texas is only interested in getting your money. They package the same guts in a different box and some poor guy that doesn't know any better will believe "It goes Deeper" just because they said so. I have total distrust in companies that try to fool the customers.

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
HAte to bust you guys up but the F4 although looking like the 3300 is actually new software. First Texas is taking Fisher technology and adapting it into the 3300 package with some strengthening of the unit also. there will be improvements to operation and manuvering around the menu.
With that being said , we will all know soon as they are slated to be released on Feb 5. Time will tell if they are better or a rehash. They are not however the same detector.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
TonyinCT said:
HAte to bust you guys up but the F4 although looking like the 3300 is actually new software. First Texas is taking Fisher technology and adapting it into the 3300 package with some strengthening of the unit also. there will be improvements to operation and manuvering around the menu.
With that being said , we will all know soon as they are slated to be released on Feb 5. Time will tell if they are better or a rehash. They are not however the same detector.

they wont get a dime of my money. i dont trust em. :)

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
I understand all of you and your feelings. i don't want Fisher to slide either , but I always try to give everyone a fair chance and since First Texas has new owners also , we will have to wait and see if what they produce will be winners or not. ::)

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
No one has mentioned the T2.It is an excellent machine and I understand that the engineer that did it is the one that put the 'guts' in the F4/75??? Just what I heard.

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
Dave johnson is the T2 engineer. He developed the GMT and MXT for Whites as well as the CZ's for Fisher. The F4 and F75 are Fisher designs with his input. They just have to make sure they are sturdier than the T2.
:)

T

treasurejack

I have a Fisher CZ-20 and I have nothing but great things to say about the unit. And talk about service, I left the batteries in mine one winter and the electrolite nearly ruined it, but even knowing this Fisher replaced all the damaged components at no charge! "Lifetime warranty" and they meant it when they said it. A few years later I had a leak in the unit that filled it with water (cracked battery plate) and once again they replaced all the damaged components at no charge. I hunt with several friends who own a variety of other units and we've tested coil depths, discrimination capabilities, etc., several times and the CZ-20 seldom fails to rise to these challenges. Personally, I have nothing but great things to say about Fisher, in fact, I like my unit so much I usually prefer to use it on land over my other machines. While I'm sure there are targets that I've missed that I might have found with another unit, I'm also confident that the reverse would also be true. In my mind, the longer you use a unit the better you become with it. My CZ-20 has made me a lot of nice finds over the years and the service has been great so I have no complaints.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
treasurejack said:
I have a Fisher CZ-20 and I have nothing but great things to say about the unit. And talk about service, I left the batteries in mine one winter and the electrolite nearly ruined it, but even knowing this Fisher replaced all the damaged components at no charge! "Lifetime warranty" and they meant it when they said it. A few years later I had a leak in the unit that filled it with water (cracked battery plate) and once again they replaced all the damaged components at no charge. I hunt with several friends who own a variety of other units and we've tested coil depths, discrimination capabilities, etc., several times and the CZ-20 seldom fails to rise to these challenges. Personally, I have nothing but great things to say about Fisher, in fact, I like my unit so much I usually prefer to use it on land over my other machines. While I'm sure there are targets that I've missed that I might have found with another unit, I'm also confident that the reverse would also be true. In my mind, the longer you use a unit the better you become with it. My CZ-20 has made me a lot of nice finds over the years and the service has been great so I have no complaints.

the old fisher units are awesome. you see, the problems started when first Texas ( bounty hunter) bought fisher and started cheaply manufacturing them in china. not only has the quality suffered but i have heard from several people that the service has as well. a lot of guys with those awesome lifetime warrantees are getting hit with huge repair bills when they try to get service now.

T

treasurejack

Hollowpoint, when did all this start to happen? I just had my latest service work done last spring with no problems at all. I'd hate to see the Fisher reputation take the hard nosedive I'm hearing so much about. But if it really is true then I might be going shopping soon? The way I see it, at the cost of high quality metal detectors these days, and the cost of their repair, a guy may as well go buy a new unit before he forks out the money for costly repairs.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know they had farmed it out to china, but the face plate does look a lot like the Chinese style and colors I have seen on some of their other products. Monty

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
First Texas hasn't even begun to manufacture any Fishers yet. They are still unloading old stock. This is why Fisher was sold in the first place ; not enough sales. Fisher detectors are not being made in China. >:(

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
TonyinCT said:
First Texas hasn't even begun to manufacture any Fishers yet. They are still unloading old stock. This is why Fisher was sold in the first place ; not enough sales. Fisher detectors are not being made in China. >:(

so what your saying is that these two little gems were manufactured prior to the buy out and its just a coincedence that they are strangely similar to a teknetics and a bounty hunter ( both of which are manufactured by first texas)? ???

Attachments

• index 2.jpg
    index 2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 267
  • indexCAC5V2AG.jpg
    indexCAC5V2AG.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 262

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
These two are not in circulation yet although the F4 is supposed to be out in Feb. They will be the first ones that come out from First Texas as Fishers in name. The guts were developed initially by Fisher and then adapted by Dave Johnson at First Texas. You stated that the problems started for Fisher after First texas bought them. Since First Texas has yet to ship any Fisher detectors , they couldn't have had any problems prior to your post. Time will tell if these are going to be good detectors. My hope is that the outer construction is better than the T2. The T2 electronics sure are better than anything that the previous owners of First texas has ever made. Again ; time and experience will tell.

OP
OP
cryptodave

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I personally like the 3300, and think it is a decent machine. It will humor me greatly if the F4 sales real well, and all this anti-BH people start raving about how good it is.
I just wish they were't repacking it into the same design case as the 3300, because the case needed some improvement, i.e. battery compartment, cheap plastic, sticking pressure buttons...

But, it has a spiffy new (hopefully more sturdy) pole, and thats good, and what appears to be a T2 disk, which would be an improvement.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On making a comparison the 3300 doesn't have the all metal "Auto Tune" button seperate. The all metal mode is linked to the pinpoint button. Monty

Youngladd

Dec 26, 2006
Fox Lake Illinois
Detector(s) used
BH 3300, BH Challenger
I use the 3300, its a decent machine and it is very light. The probably want to keep the design the same to keep it light, the circuitry and firmware will probably be Fisher type and an inprovement. Guess we'll see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread