Calling all mders that hunt Folly Beach, S.C. area!!

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calling all md'ers that hunt Folly Beach, S.C. area!!

I need a heads up on where to stay down there. We are going down middle of June for a week and I want something in comfortable walking distance from the beach (a block or 2 off the beach) I'm looking online but everything looks just way too high. I'm looking for something in the $1,000 range. Is there anything down there for that kinda money. We normally stay at Wrightsville Beach, N.C. and pay around $1,100 including tax staying on the second row. That's including maid service daily. I'm wanting to hunt down there, but I don't want to have to stay 5 or 6 miles off the beach and drive to it.
2 adults and 1 child (9 yo). Anybody got any ideas? Like maybe a property rentals place for the non-rich and famous? I'm cool with condos, cottages, hotel, motel, whatever. No roach motels, it's got to be decent.

HH,
Ramapirate

cream43

Jan 3, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Re: Calling all md'ers that hunt Folly Beach, S.C. area!!

FYI, you may already know but Folley Beach was recently renourished with 6 feet of ocean sand so the finds will likely be very current. Sorry, don't know about beach house prices except that it will be hard to pay for the trip with your detector. Good Luck
Larry, Mount Pleasant SC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread