Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We all have plenty of day of not so great finds...even day without even a piece of clad. :-\

Don't give up, ztzzt. It's all a matter of research, knowing your detector, and a little bit of luck. ;)

Good luck to ya!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today and found 1-1943 quarter and a old railroad lock. The amount of time was 4hrs and walked 4miles so sometimes it takes a little more.Keep going.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please don't get discouraged. I also have had many days of a few clad coins and pockets full of pull tabs & bottle caps. But.......that nice ring or old coin you find soon will keep you going back. Hang in there and good luck.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
Try only finding clad and digging through hard packed clay to get it out or better yet digging though that same clay and finding a mangled but new aluminum soda can 12 inches down. Now how did that get down that far? But I keep on detecting anyway.....

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep in mind that few of us take time to make posts when we don't find much. What you see every day on treasurenet is the finds from the best hunts of all its members each day. With that many people hunting that much area each day, you'll see some great posts every time you log in! None of us goes out and has great hunts every time. But research is the key! Keep the faith alive, and hit the books.

Regards,

Buckleboy

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION.... You have to make sure you are in the right place at any given time if you haven't already. If you are in the right place then the time will come. Look at old maps of your area and compare with google earth if possible. See which areas have had major and/or no disturbances. Places where people gather for any given reason will be great places to search.

During the fourth of july fireworks people gather along the grassy slopes of the bayou near downtown Houston and watch the show. Perfect place, as, there are thousands that turn out to watch in various locations.

Keep looking. I know you will find someplace.

Laater...

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find that the best place to find a bunch of clad is on the bottom of my wife's purse. I just put it on the ground, wave the detector over, then claim it as mine. It works great, and sometimes the greenbacks get stuck to my hand too when my hand leaves the purse. ;D
It's really a trade-off, because she always takes the charms and jewelry that I find. :o
The hobby is great fun. Keep at it.
-MM-

drygulch

Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II
Keep at it. I hunted this one school for a couple of weeks never found anything but clad then one day out popped a silver quarter.
DRYGULCH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread