Ever Wondered...

treadhead

Jul 8, 2013
Salem, OR
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Vibra-Probe 580 and 730.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50 old, I got seven years on you, and I'm no way near giving it up.:icon_thumright: sure get a few aches and pains, but still loving the bending down..... to the mystery beneath the coil.:thumbsup:

SS

"..to the mystery beneath the coil"...AWESOME 8-)

I got off of a 17hr shift this morning and hit the park. I got a good hit (mid' 80's at 10 inches) and dug up an ancient Kingston Valve (Brass) in an area that was
a planning mill 120 years ago. I've got NO idea (?) what the heck it went to but, I'm "fairly" certain that it (The valve) wasn't carried in there and dropped by someone
100yrs ago.

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, I would love to find some of those flat buttons!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well you could scatter it over land you won't dig again. let someone else find it. or bury it in small piles and someone would think they found a hoard!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well you could scatter it over land you won't dig again. let someone else find it. or bury it in small piles and someone would think they found a hoard!
Jeff.... The universal detector's sign.... a bunch of scrap buried together means "don't bother--- I dug it all". My hat comes off to you, Silver... that bunch of scrap is that much no one has to pick up again! TTC

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff.... The universal detector's sign.... a bunch of scrap buried together means "don't bother--- I dug it all". My hat comes off to you, Silver... that bunch of scrap is that much no one has to pick up again! TTC
Thanks Terry :icon_salut: My detecting partner and I have certainly cleaned up a few fields in the past :laughing7:

SS

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea Jeff......I could spread it over a few fields, then invite American diggers over, and charge them a fortune to dig it back up again :laughing7:

SS

twoauers

Jul 7, 2013
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
at 62 I never gave up and will not. Age is not the problem, mind set and health determine a lot of it. No way am I stopping.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good idea Jeff......I could spread it over a few fields, then invite American diggers over, and charge them a fortune to dig it back up again :laughing7:

SS

yeah, they could make a tv show out of it and put it on discovery channel. I want 15%

treadhead

Jul 8, 2013
Salem, OR
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Vibra-Probe 580 and 730.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
at 62 I never gave up and will not. Age is not the problem, mind set and health determine a lot of it. No way am I stopping.

I really like the way you think! :occasion14:

I see all these vid's on YT where youngsters the age of My kids are MD'ng and think...."WOW this stuff is fun! Why couldn't I have 'discovered' this sooner(?!!!!)"

Oh well, it'll probably take me into My 60's at least to make up for lost time lol

Last edited:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
must of been in all metal

Last edited:

housemom6

Jun 7, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should just take a scoop or two and put it in a Ziploc bag and sell them on eBay for 5 bucks(euros?) I'm sure people will buy them especially if there are old buttons and stuff. Id love to have just some of your common stuff because I couldn't find it here. One persons trash is another treasure.
Continued happy hunting

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should just take a scoop or two and put it in a Ziploc bag and sell them on eBay for 5 bucks(euros?) I'm sure people will buy them especially if there are old buttons and stuff. Id love to have just some of your common stuff because I couldn't find it here. One persons trash is another treasure.
Continued happy hunting
I do sell mixed finds lots on eBay, believe me what you see there is very basic finds...for the UK of course, the buttons and the like that you guys like to find, well I could take you to a field in particular, and you would get fifty in a days hunting.:thumbsup:

SS

housemom6

Jun 7, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So when should I expect my plane ticket? Lmao unless I hit real treasure or lotto( I think either have about the same odds) I don't see myself in Europe any time soon. So pm me the link to your eBay site okay. I wanna look it over.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've often wondered how many swings of the coil I've made in my lifetime? Heck, how many do I make during each hunt? Would be neat to own a machine that kept track of that. :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've often wondered how many swings of the coil I've made in my lifetime? Heck, how many do I make during each hunt? Would be neat to own a machine that kept track of that. :laughing7:

I wonder if you put a pedometer on your arm if that would register....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread