old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your predicament and good to hear that you are safe. We need to keep the families of those firefighters in our prayers. God Bless!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just heard on the news. Fellow is saying that they are a form of sleeping bag. They jokingly call them "praying bags" as once you pull them over your head, you then pray. Good for 3 or 4 minutes but not protecting against 2500 degree air around the bag. Mercy, Mercy, Mercy! TTC

...also called "Shake and Bakes"....I know of several that have lived and a couple that have not.Usually they suffocate

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God bless you my brother..........is there anything you need that the forum community may be able to help with?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Smart move Terry with the RV. They are like lifeboats when you need them. I lived in my old 18' MH for about one year after my home burned and I was building a new one. I was reading about another fire out there. The fire fighters were caught when the wind shifted. They buried those bags and climbed in , they survived. They said the biggest problem was the fire consumes the oxygen in the area. Good luck buddy, Frank...

111-1 profileblk.jpg

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
god bless those men an women who died in the yarnell hill fire.

an entire hotshot crew, the most highly trained firefighters in the united states, gone.

Yavapai county lost some of the best last night.
words just seem empty

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was shocked to my core this morning when I learned this news. I know the wind was gusting all night long here in Flagstaff. A very sad day for all of us. Those guys have a damn dangerous job, and mother nature just can't be tamed. Those guys died trying to protect other people's houses and property... God bless them, and their families, and loved ones.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am fine. So is Tim. Tnx all. Next time you see the guys and gals in the intersections with the fireboots.... THEN it's time to help! Terry

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Terry,where did you go to. Just heard they are evacuating Kingman. This was at lunch today.
Must be a fire around there also.

Last edited:

killian110

Dec 16, 2007
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Godspeed Terry and Tim! My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the fallen and all who are affected by this wildfire.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry,where did you go to. Just heard they are evacuating Kingman. This was at lunch today.
Must be a fire around there also.
There are three wildfires around Kingman, AZ. I drove past yesterday afternoon. Biggest appears to be on mountain SE of City. TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went south to Wickenburg (I am in CA right now for two Dr's appointments). Tim is at Super8 in Wickenberg. TTC

Last edited:
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last word I had from one of the locals was that at least 25 residences that refused to leave perished (Glen Ilah) . Flames came to within 2 1/2 blocks of the RV Park. TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tim got some good video footage to ABC... local channel is 15. Watch for it. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread