THE PARK IS MINE!

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to hit a local park and just as I turn on my ATP a guy walks up with headphones on but no detector and asks what Ive found, told him nothing yet. This guy seems a bit weird and the conversation turned weird. He says "you wont find anything, I come here everyday and Ive covered every square inch of this place, in fact I just found a $1500 ring over there", I replied "great find what kind of detector are you using?". The man looked stunned at me asking such a question but said well my wife got it for me--nice what kind do you have--well i got it for my birthday--again thats nice what kind do you have? He said he couldnt remember off the top of his head and said that I couldnt possibly find much with my lower end "thing", I chuckled and asked again what do you have and started to name off brands--fisher, garrett, minelab??? and he said well its like $1500 or 16 or 1700 but its a lot better than that "thing" you have. Reason he calls it a thing is because I have a cover on my AT Pro head unit for keeping the dirt off with my BZBadger sewn into it and it hides the name.

I figured this guy to be a noob or an idiot and decided to have fun--he told me that I will never be able to get anything with my machine since his is so good-he never heard of Garrett before--so I started in with ok so your machine isnt a minelab, fisher oh wait I know what it is its that new white's model everyone wants and so hard to get and costs so much--the white's CJ7 ace350 and it goes like 4 feet deep--the guys says yep thats the one--really wow amazing you were able to get your hands on it, your so lucky, he says I know my wife really took care of me and ppl are jealous that I have it. Conversation ends with him saying dont bother checking the park with that "thing" I already have today and I cleaned the place out, I said yep your probably right but hey im already here so I will try anyway.

I hunted for an hour and walked out with a handful of clad, a silver ear ring, gold ear ring and tons of trash. Yep my "thing" sure doesnt find much. So ppl watch out for that new whites-jeep-garrett combo that can go 4 feet deep.

Old saying I still use--ppl may think you are stupid dont open your mouth and prove them right--this guy surely did.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of old timers can't remember their name. He probably can't use the Internet to check out Tnet and learn something.

greengold

Aug 9, 2012
Whidbey Island
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV...saving my clad for a Tesoro SandShark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ha ha! too funny. As for me I prefer the Bounty Hunter XJ4000 Obama series with 3D imaging and built in toaster.

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well its my personality to have fun with liars and braggers. My family found it funny but typical of me. That Obama series with the optional toaster I don't know of I'd like that, I already feel o get tricked and lied to enough by pop tops, I don't want my detector telling me just keep digging it will all work out in the end for you and by the way you didn't pay enough taxes

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

killian110

Dec 16, 2007
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Your "thing" was obviously bigger and better than his "thing".

NCcoinDigger

Jul 2, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 - Stock 12", 6x10 DD, 5.3 Concentric
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO, I have had a couple try to pull this stunt on me before.

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As if his words and actions weren't odd enough, he came up to me wearing WalMart level headphones with no volume control. Seriously if you claim to have a $1500-1700 machine your not wearing Sanyo headphones with a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter plug. But maybe that's what you have to use on those white's jeep Garrett combo units, its so strong the signal just blows up headphones and its best to have junk to replace with.

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
...some people are Territorial and he was just trying to run you offfffffffff......or he is an Arm Chair Treasure Hunter and just like to brag about all of his fictional treasures....JT

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you check his shoes ?
maybe he had one of those top of the line shoe detectors :laughing7:

metal-detector-shoes.jpg

my guess he lived near by, grabbed his headphones from his stereo & ran over quick :laughing9:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Lots of old timers can't remember their name. He probably can't use the Internet to check out Tnet and learn something.

I know what you mean! Uhhhhh.....

where was I going with this?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you check his shoes ?
maybe he had one of those top of the line shoe detectors :laughing7:

View attachment 823042

my guess he lived near by, grabbed his headphones from his stereo & ran over quick :laughing9:

Jeff, that looks like a good idea. You'd better patent that ASAP now that you've revealed your secret!

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Propose the idea to detector manufacturers and see who knows maybe by fall we will see the new Minelab moccasins, Fisher flip flops, Whites' wedge shoe(for the ladies), Garrett galoshes.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hilarious! Quick thinking with the White's CJ7 Ace350 line!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of a school playground I used to regularly hunt. Every time, within 5 minutes of my arrival this guy would come running with his detector from somewhere on the block and start frantically searching the playground equipment, while giving me the evil eye. I'd just ignore him and stay as far away from him as I could, and within 15 minutes he'd leave. I guess he thought the only place there would be coins would be next to the equipment and that he needed to get them before me. But it was a huge sand playground and I found quarters and jewelry all over.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool encounter, and you handled it well. From the sound of it, he's not the regular curious citizen or random Texan we may encounter in the field, but a person my people callled 'touched'. Please be nice to him if he ain't no threat. Besides, he has the CJ7 Ace350 Line. I saw on the internet where a French model claimed to have one, and everything on the internet is true, you know.

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Pretty cool encounter, and you handled it well. From the sound of it, he's not the regular curious citizen or random Texan we may encounter in the field, but a person my people callled 'touched'. Please be nice to him if he ain't no threat. Besides, he has the CJ7 Ace350 Line. I saw on the internet where a French model claimed to have one, and everything on the internet is true, you know.

Random Texan?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread