Mar 29, 2013
Powhatan, Va
Detector(s) used
BH 505
AT Pro
Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, It all started when I ended a hunt two weeks ago. As I was gettin into the truck to head home, I went to take my glasses off to clean them. Wholly Crap, no glasses.??? Now how in the world did I get through the day without my glasses I have no idea. I can see pretty good a ways off but really need them to read and see close up. I called the wife to tell her the bad news and to locate my old glasses. Needless to say she was none to happy with me. She tells me that my $600 detector better find them because no detector is worth $1200 as my glasses cost me $600. So, tomorrow, in the 95 degree heat, I have been ordered to head out into the tall weeds, briars, and trees to look for my glasses.:icon_thumright: I think I will hunt the creek in the area that I was in as it is next to a very large civil war battlefield. Maybe I'll get lucky and find some relics in it, plus, my glasses may be close to where I jumped this creek and lost my balance.

Oh thank you honey for ordering me back out for another hunt...:laughing7:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
laughing.gif
Your wife comments (...my $600 detector better find them because no detector is worth $1200 as my glasses cost me $600...) got me laughing out loud!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what type metal the glasses are made with, but cousin lost his & they're just like my husband's. He wanted to borrow my old Whites detector to find, we tested with husband's glasses & the detector did not pick up. Tested with Ace 250 & the ATPro, nothing. I know he told me it was man made metal, not cheap either. I want to say it's flexon. Oh, someone found his glasses. Good luck finding yours.

OP
OP
G

grlangfitt

Mar 29, 2013
Powhatan, Va
Detector(s) used
BH 505
AT Pro
Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I will keep y'all posted. Especially if I find anything in the creek.

OP
OP
G

grlangfitt

Mar 29, 2013
Powhatan, Va
Detector(s) used
BH 505
AT Pro
Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I am back with an update. I got to the area to look for my glasses and started swinging along the small creek. I was getting a lot of hits and dug a lot of beer cans and the sort as usual. Then I got a screaming hit and dug down about 12 inches and find this steel ring about 3 inches in diameter. I ask myself,What could this be. As I try to pull it out it seems to be stuck. Possibly around a root as there are plenty of those in the ground. So i dig a little more and find it is attached to a chain link. MMMM, could this chain lead to my retirement? 8-) SO i start digging with a bit more enthusiasim. I keep following the links, cutting small roots and tunneling under large roots and come to anothr large 3 inch ring. I start scratching my head thinking this is crazy. What could this lead to? After a quick drink of water , I start digging again until it finally popped out with nothing but another chain link. CRAP...dug for almost an hour for this? 24 inches of chain with 2 three inch rings? Well as alway, I put the pin pointer down the hole and it goes off. I hand clean the hole and find another link to the chain that I can't budge. My heart starts beating again. In goes the shovel and I get back to work. I am following this chain and it seems to leading me towards the base of this huge oak tree. Could this be to a strong box full of gold and siver buried by the confederates during the seige of Petersburg??? My mind is racing wildly thinking that maybe I can retire a few years early. I dig and dig following the chain pulling along the way to try and locate the end. Finally my shovel hits something hard. My heart is pounding out of my chest. I have to sit down and rest and gain my composure as the excitment has me so excited that I could hurt myself if I rush this. Besides, it has now been 2 hours since I started this endevour. After about 5 minutes I begin to carefully excavate this hard object. CRAP......It's a "J" hook on the end. My heart sank but the excitement of what coulda been just made me laugh. OH, by the way, I didn't find my glasses and my wife is still frowning at me. I did find some buck and ball and what I think is a piece of a gun. Have to get it cleaned up first.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A light bulb just came on in my head! Lol.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done the same. Glasses fell off going thru brush and trees. Did not know until I came to a clearing and started wiping the sweat off my and face and thought something is wrong. My eyes started to go out of focus and then I realized I lost my glasses. Did some back tracking afraid I was going to step on them. Turns out I lost them when I entered the brush and was lucky to find them. Like you I don't know how I went a couple of hours not knowing the were missing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread