Great Digging tool

ghostrider1775

Dec 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI/ Grand Master Hunter CX3
Hey all, I thought I would post this for giggles. A buddy of mine who now is into TH, and bought a brand new ACE found this digging tool in the garden shop at Home Depot. All stainless and very solid, and a bargin at 14 dollars. FYI- HH. GR ;D

Attachments

• DSC00071.JPG
    DSC00071.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 557

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a functional tool - Fourteen bucks ain't bad!

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought the same one 3 days ago, it's a pretty sold tool and it has a lifetime guarantee!!

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one also, slices though plowed dirt like butter don`t know bout hard dirt or lawns yet. The rounded top is nice and easy on the pushing hand to help assist in penatration. They have a sheath there that fits it very nice also, with belt loops or spring clip to attach it.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't see the sheath, that was my only complaint! I guess I'll have to go back and see about that!!! :)

Silverfox

Oct 18, 2006
Iowa
I bought two of these last week. You never know when something gets discontinued. For the people that can't find it at home depot, they are in a plastic sealed packaged not just loose like others that they sell.
HH

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want to know where I can get a sheath for it. Iwent back to Lowes but they didn't have any thing that would fit it. Does anyone have any idea where I could ge a sheath, perferabley one that didn't cost more than the digger?

D

DixieDirtDigger

Can someone post a picture of the sheath they bought for this digger, I went down and bought it tonight and walked the store with an employee talking to other employees and we found nothing.As for the knife if it were at a MD store it would cost 35-40 bucks, Im impressed,Glad it was mentioned here.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
I will have to check that out. I have broken three or four different trowels and diggers here over the last few weeks. My wife nearly had a heart attack when she came out in the back yard and I was using a full sized shovel....

I got a new one at WallyWorld the other day, similiar to that one. I plan on using my Dremel to add serrations and sharpen the edges.

Now that I am improving my pinpointing, I hope to start hitting silver. I also figured out that putting my BH Pioneer EX on deep scan/coins only definately cuts down on my pull tabs.

I will post pics of my digger after I get done with the Dremel Surgery.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me look i may still have the reciept or tag for mine, name on the sheath is Corona, it is a ballistic black nylon with a leather name tag on the ft of it. pics coming, it has a spring clip on the flap and belt slits. I got mine at Lowe`s.

Attachments

• Sheath 001.jpg
    Sheath 001.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 329
  • Sheath 002.jpg
    Sheath 002.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 326
  • Sheath 003.jpg
    Sheath 003.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 319
D

DixieDirtDigger

Thanks for the picture I was only thinking Home Depot for some reason,I actually looked at those in Lowe's a few months ago when I was needing to buy some pruning clippers.Thanks Again

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AHH, I was there yesterday and saw that sheath, I didn't get it cus for some reason I thought a leather one was mentioned (which wasn't). I will go back and purchase the Corona tomorrow!!

P.S. Thanks for the PICS

D

DixieDirtDigger

I went and got the info for anyone interested

Ames True Temper
7 in 1 Planters Buddy
Model 2500800

Corona Scabbard
Universal Tool Pouch
Model AC4510

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread