WHAP HAPPENED TO DIG WARS!??

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WHAT HAPPENED TO DIG WARS? I was all excited and looking forward to watching Dig War's tonight, I've been watching every episode and love the show and its the one thing I look forward to watching every week, so I turn to the travel channel as it comes on at 7:30 pacific time, or had been, but tonight it is not on the line up, so WHAT HAPPENED TO DIG WARS? Please don't tell me it's over and done already! I didn't' see it anywhere in the line up. Anyone know? I'm' going to be so disappointed if it isn't going to be on anymore. Maybe I made a mistake or something.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never watched It And Don't Want To!!! Chug

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully its canceled

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe they only filmed a few episodes?? to see how the ratings would be and if it was good ratings! they will make more episodes. But making more episodes can take 2-6 months or sometimes even up to a year. I don't know what happen though!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only 6 episodes this season, it's already done unless they start showing re-runs.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe they will replace it with a metal detecting show.

OP
OP
McClod

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info Jason, I enjoyed the show and looked forward to it! It's apparent that some here do not care for it like I did, and that's fine, I'm new to the hobby and am eating up anything and everything I can find about the hobby, but I enjoyed the personalities and laughs and especially the places they were able to get permission to dig at.

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that is the case on the 6 episodes. Then depending on how the ratings were will determine if they get another season or not. I do not know if they are filming for season 2 or not yet. If the network thinks the ratings are good! then they could ask for a Season 2. Then it will take at least 2-6 months for them to film and edit the episodes. They film all the 6 episodes within the 2-6 month period.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL @ Wit. I actually liked it, was funny and I liked seeing some fellow MDs in some off limit come in and we will shoot your coil off areas. Drove me nuts to be vacationing right next to a civil war battlefield and not being able to explore it. these guys were given a chance to do what we would love to do, im happy for them. Be happy they weren't screaming Boom Baby or doing monkey flips and saying I've got nectar and roundness in the hole.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone is trying to figure out if they will be back or not. You can ask the network for a list of ratings or ask ChicagoRon .. I know on TruTV anything over 800,000 viewers per episode is good and anything under is not and they might not make another season of that show. It would be interesting to find out how many tuned in per episode. Apparently... shows like Savage Digger bring in lot of viewers so maybe this one did to?

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure that there were a lot of viewers or at least enough to warrant another season of it. I've checked online and there are plenty of sites talking about the shows with tons of replies so to me that shows an interest. These ppl on the show act more like regular hunters than the others, funny thing is as I see each of them I can see a person in our club that resembles them. im hoping they come back with it, I think of ppl were to locate the site that shows who produces the show and writes in asking for more they might be more inclined or maybe shed some light on possible upcoming shows.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that it it possible that a lot of people watched several episodes and then stopped watching as I myself did. It takes more than the MD community watching to make a successful show. I particularly didn't like the boastful guy from VA saying he'd dug over $1,000,000 worth of relics, that will only hurt our hobby even if it was or is an inflated number. I think that to Mr. John Q. Public MD shows are not all that interesting whether they have "Boom Baby", silly antics and lingo, or inane "competition" or not. I am thankful for this, and hope they fade away since I don't feel they help anybody but those getting paid to hunt on the shows.

Chicago Ron

Apr 12, 2005
In the Lake in Chicago
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just for everyone interested the show got pretty good numbers from what I heard first night had 2 million viewers the last 2 shows were over 2 million viewers. I believe we will be filming more but don't have official word yet. Should be information soon. For now the first 6 are on demand if you have cable. Thanks for the support for all that enjoyed the show, those that didn't like it we will be trying to have more say on content if we do more. Always looking to make it better and keep it real.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that it it possible that a lot of people watched several episodes and then stopped watching as I myself did. It takes more than the MD community watching to make a successful show. I particularly didn't like the boastful guy from VA saying he'd dug over $1,000,000 worth of relics, that will only hurt our hobby even if it was or is an inflated number. I think that to Mr. John Q. Public MD shows are not all that interesting whether they have "Boom Baby", silly antics and lingo, or inane "competition" or not. I am thankful for this, and hope they fade away since I don't feel they help anybody but those getting paid to hunt on the shows.

Yea I wasn't happy bout his comment about how much he he's found. These shows won't get any better, there just gonna get worse.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KONO, surely you realize that neither Ron, nor any other detectorists on the show have ANY say in how the final show editing is done. You say you "would recommend" but these aren't the people to recommend anything too.

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just for everyone interested the show got pretty good numbers from what I heard first night had 2 million viewers the last 2 shows were over 2 million viewers. I believe we will be filming more but don't have official word yet. Should be information soon. For now the first 6 are on demand if you have cable. Thanks for the support for all that enjoyed the show, those that didn't like it we will be trying to have more say on content if we do more. Always looking to make it better and keep it real.

With 2 million viewers per episode! you can be sure you will get a season 2. Imo

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the last one said season finale. I liked it. just would like to have explained how they get permission and what happens to finds

swamp yankee

Jun 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appears a lot of the swamp dwellers up here in Wa.state are stupid enough to watch this tripe and think WE are ACTUALLY like these morons.Cost me more than one chance to get on some real old sites and I'm livid about it!

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron, I mostly enjoyed the show, and expect more. My problem is, I've been trying to get across the Mississippi to Fort San Felipe for 4 years now. Now I wait for the next storm. Can you pm me a contact for future permission consideration. The show only briefly touches on restriction. Figured it was parish property. Plaquamines Parrish.
I'm 5 miles on the westbank.
Thanks
Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread