Neversosure

Jul 15, 2013
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all

I just ordered the smaller coil for my ATpro, I been working the heck outta my machine since I received it last friday about 20 hrs on the new atpro already!!!!! The last area I worked yesterday had alot of crap in it, so I did some research and I have found the smaller coil should let me "pinpoint" better, but won't cover as fast....... I feel accuracy is everything and why rush? right? I found if I sweep even and slow I get better results, thats just my noooob opinion lol!

Like I said in a earlier post, I am new to the hobby. Now I am trying to perfect a technique that works for me. But I will post back and let ya know how the 5x8 works for me in the "crap" area.

Matty

OP
OP
N

Neversosure

Jul 15, 2013
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
new smaller coil will be here tomorrow (thurs)!!! pumped!!!!! just in time for Da' weekend!!!!

Matty

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slow is best for the ATP in my opinion, especially when targets tend to be deeper. The 5x8 lends a better balance to the machine, you are going to like it. I use mine in the trashy areas with very good results. The large searchcoil is king in the wooded areas that I hunt. More coverage is good in areas like this. Depth seems to be pretty darn good with the smaller coil. Where I live it is pretty rocky in some areas too, and with the 5x8 you can work in and around them better than the mondo one. Good luck and keep us posted on your finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread