Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
I had the Garrett GTI 2500 & the GTAx Ultra 1000.
I used the GTAx for almost 12 years before getting the GTI 2500 in '09 which I just sold 2 weeks ago. Honestly I wasn't overly impressed with the GTI. At the time it was the machine I really wanted. Then I got a Minelab Explorer SE and really liked it. I seriously thought I'd be a ML guy till the end.
Now after trying the Tesoro Vaquero I was in love. I did some research and decided the Tesoro Outlaw was for me. It fit's and suits me like Cinderella's slipper.:laughing7:

What do you usually hunt for?
If you were to get a Garrett I'd recommend the AT Pro over the GTI. I'm looking into one only for it's shallow waterproofing. But then there's the sand & tiger sharks by Tesoro which I'll decide on in the off season which of the 3 I'll get.

The Tesoro Outlaw is $550 and comes with 3 coils. The Vaquero is $446, the Tejon is $594.
After using a Tesoro and realizing you get way more for the money, I'm hooked. I'd take my $550 Outlaw over ANY $1200 machine anyday.

tannerhatley

May 20, 2013
SE Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought a GTI 2500 on ebay for $700 new. If I don't like it maybe I can sell it for 800 or 900 on ebay.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it must have been designed about that time. Never was a big seller in Europe as the features that were supposed to make it special didn't work that well. Heavy, bit bulky,pricey too. Ground tracking didn't seem as good as that on Whites machines.

The better bet if you do think its features might suit your style of hunting is the 1500 which has most of its big brothers abilities in a smaller/lighter package at a lower price. The all metal mode was never as deep though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread