Rainbow pinpointers??? What a concept

Dreadnox

Jul 28, 2013
Austin Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Metadyne magnet stick, Garretts pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, why black?? Everyone makes a black pinpointer, why not a bright yellow or orange or even a bright pink one for the Lady MDer's out there? With visibility and everyone painting or tapeing them up so they are more visible why have the major manufacturers not seen this problem and make some bright colored ones to choose from? This could be the dif in buying one brand over the other since the major brands are all nearly identical. Come on Minelad Whites and Best for last Garretts step up and offer some in high visibility colors, abs plastic comes in many colors and its no price dif so what the hold up? LOL, now you guys are all probably thinking this guy has lost a pinpointer and has went insane over it but,,, not true I have just purchased my very first pinpointer a Garretts but after reading all the horror stories about losing these little buggers I have dipped mine in epoxy plastic coating and its bright. Then I got to wondering why not just make them in bright colors for the consummers??? Ok, so there it is all you big buisiness tycoons and when the first one hits the market I will be expecting a monthly royalties check, LOLOL. What do you guys think of my idea???

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
No, not really, I just couldn't help myself. I think they would already be doing that if they thought it would sell more pin pointers.

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most likely the black PP are made from recycled plastics'- and all plastic that is recycled turns black once it is reheated/ remolded. Just the nature of the beast of plastics'.
But I like your idea of colored PP.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The adding of color males perfect sense and I think its a great idea, I thought of this a long time ago when I started with that fisher pinpointed and lost it in the grass and had to use the detector to find it. My Garrett is too valuable to lose and I coated it in plasti dip to protect it and with the color I can't lose it. But i shouldn't have to do that since colored abs plastic pellets are negligible in price, if the Chinese can make tons of their crap from colored injection molded plastic Garrett can.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

treadhead

Jul 8, 2013
Salem, OR
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Vibra-Probe 580 and 730.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm currently waiting on "Vibra-Probe" and "Vibra-Tector" "Pinpointers" from KellyCo. They should be here in a couple of more days.

BOTH of them are going to get airbrushed with a "Day-Glo" orange and then clear coated. I'm going to "dummy cord" them to me in
the water but....eh...s**t happens. If I need to scan the bottom for them with My 50yr old eyes...(?)....:laughing7:

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read something here regarding color, I just put a piece of bright red tape around the handle.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any color you want, as long as its black. lol.

As for injection moulding, they can make it any color they want. I wouldn't say the price is cheap, not so much the pellets, but the set up time to change over.

I am open to all ideas that doesnt void my warranty.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree. I want a pretty pinpointer. Maybe hot pink or turquoise.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just need a glamor girl to spouncer a pin pointer
and Waa=laa

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine has a small cord attached to it because I lost it all the time. Now I clip it to my belt plus I water hunt. Bright Dewalt tool yellow would be nice. I bet they end up doing it in a year.
Great idea I think.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Most likely the black PP are made from recycled plastics'- and all plastic that is recycled turns black once it is reheated/ remolded. Just the nature of the beast of plastics'.
But I like your idea of colored PP.

Not true. The casings are made from virgin plastic. And recycled plastics stay the same color as original. I work in the plastics industry so dont try to come back on me on this topic please. I want the black PP myself but I will never get one so phooey.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gleaner, never say never..of course u will get one why not? I didn't want to pop another $130 after I just purchased a Garrett 350 so it was putting $10 a week in a box, so 3 months go by and I have my pin pointer. $10 a week didn't hurt, what hurt was waiting but I've got one and I take great care of it.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hay, you can get Rustoleum plastic spray paint in almost any color. What is holding you people back? Frank...

111-2 700.jpg

OP
OP
Dreadnox

Dreadnox

Jul 28, 2013
Austin Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Metadyne magnet stick, Garretts pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did paint my the brightest yellow and attached a coiled tag line to its belt case but if it were molded out of bright
yellow plastic I would not have had to mess with it.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do believe you will have the LGBT community "behind" you and your "rainbow" idea!
sorry, couldn't help myself........ :laughing7:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I do believe you will have the LGBT community "behind" you and your "rainbow" idea!
sorry, couldn't help myself........ :laughing7:
Hay, My XLT has rainbows on both sides. I think that is so I can find the end. lol Frank... 111-2 700.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread