JCsilver

Greenie
Jan 30, 2007
East Tennessee (Near Gatlinburg)
Detector(s) used
Whites-DFX, Garrett-Ace 250
Buying new MPX or Ace 250, pros & cons?

Hey everyone, ;D

New to Tnet and I am tired of my detector (b hunter). Looking at the MPX or the Ace 250, both have similar features. But the MPX has "Audio Centering Pinpointing feature will give the MPX a higher sound. As you continue to get closer to the target the sound increases and two visible bands on the meter will flash side to side indicating the target location." And the stock coil on MPX is larger (10") for a little more depth. The Ace 250 has Coin Depth Indicator, and Search modes, which the MPX doesnt have..

I'm leaning toward the a250, seem like a good package that everyone loves. But does anyone have any praise for the MPX? ???

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
Re: Buying new MPX or Ace 250, pros & cons?

There are countless positive posts on the 250. I think you should go with a proven detector. How many post are around on the MPX?

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

It all depends on how many windings in the coil as to wether the larger coil will be deeper or not.The 250 is a proven professional.MPX is a proven toy IMO.You also have one of the oldest mfg'rs and their service reputation/warranty with the 250.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

you forgot to mention that the mpx is low quality junk, and the garrett is made in the us by a major manufacturer! ;D........seriously, this one is too easy. get the ace 250! ;)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MPX is Red Chinese made and inferior, I had one about two hours and sent it back! Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions