GTI2500 or DFX?

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will start by saying I've never used a GTI2500 but I have used the DFX since May of last year. I really enjoy the DFX. It is really easy to use but has the capability of setting up custom programs if you choose to do so. On the screen it has target ID and the pinpoint function is easy to use and very accurate. It is reasonable light so I have never been tired out by using it and it is a very nice all around use detector. The only thing you can't do is submerge the control box. I've used it in parks, beaches, farms, residences, lakes, rivers, oceans and rocky areas and it has performed great. I like the this white's so much I'm most likely going to by a White's Beach Master for surf hunting. Good luck with what you decide on.

NJ

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are two totally different operating detectors. Both will do the assigned task to a tee. It is more of a personal preference when choosing two detectors like this that are at the top of each line. I like them both but I have to lean toward the DFX more because of more options to set up for different hunts. This doesn't mean it's better. It's like comparing Toyota and Chevy's as both will get you where your going but with the toy, people frown at you more.

A better option is the Minelab Explorer SE. It is deeper than both but is hard for some to learn. If your VCR clock is blinking, don't get a SE.

Just my 2 cents.

Sandman

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i dont own a dfx but do own a gti 2500 and an explorer se, and i would tend to agree with sandman. the 2500 is a nice machine, easy to use, target imaging is very cool, but for sheer depth performance, the minelab se takes it hands down. the dfx looks to me like its a bit more flexible than the gti 2500 but also a little more involved. in all honesty, it would be hard to go wrong with any of the three.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions