T2 with 5 inch coil = amazing depth

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got a T2 yesterday and still very early into the learning of what it has to offer. Did find out unlike most machines you will SELDOM if ever be able to run it in max sensitivity in discriminate (a well known fact on the T2 and F75). It truly allows you to run it as hot as conditions will allow. Of coarse I had to try it really hot which led to a little frustration until I backed it down like everyone says you have to. So much for reinventing the wheel. I decided to make a test garden this morning with a fairly deep dime in order to test the multiple tones and see what allowed for the best performance. I buried a clad dime at about 8 inches in our good ole red clay and did a lot of experimenting. The 2+ seemed to give the best combo of depth, ID, stability and fast return. The Boost Mode eats it alive with the Sensitivity as low as 50 but at 70 it even allows the coil to raise several inches with great response.......... but now for the big SHOCKER. I decided to see if the little coil would get it all. WOW, little 5 inch coil looses virtually nothing on depth. It ate the 8 inch dime alive in 2+ (would easily get it deeper) and allowed me to raise the coil nearly as high as the bigger coil in boost. I did set the sensitivity a little higher but it allowed the higher setting and remained stable. It still got them nearly as well as the large coil using the same settings before I increased sensitivity. Talking about the ultimate hunting set up in the undergrowth. I hunted a field that had just been Bush Hogged yesterday that has a mix of some cut grass and huge amount of finger sized stobs from saplings. It allowed me to navigate around the edges that weren't cut which weren't even huntable with the larger coil due to it's size. I have always been a proponent of the small sniper coils in the trash,and feel they get better depth in general than their size leads people to believe, but nothing like this. Pretty dang awesome.:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

alldugup

Sep 3, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great post. That's one of the machines I'm considering to buy.
Thanks for posting, David

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
TNGUNS
That Sub 5"DD coil is the great coil, i think..i had a coin garden in my yard for 22 years the 5" hits all of them Seated Dime @ 8"...LC @ 12"... pull tab @10"....i use that little mow hock all the time around the cellar holes, and no need to pin point,it`s great in iron too HH
Gary

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary, I have no idea how deep the little 5 would get a dime in real world hunting. I think it is going to be pretty awesome. Still a lot to learn about the machine. The boost mode is sure going to take some getting used to. Seems to like it a bit slower with it in boost, and gets really unstable in a hurry if you push it on sensitivity. I dug another Merrill Carbine with it just a little while ago that was about 8 inches using the boost mode. It was in some really rough stuff that had just been hit with a Bush Hog but sounded almost like a fairly shallow coin. Sure gonna take a while to get used to the sound after using the G2. :laughing7:

Mark

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mark
I had the G2 11" DD and 5" DD coil all last season and i didn`t think it was a good machine for my area not much gold here and a have a good relic machine so i got rid of it got an Omega...but kept the 5"
I have the org. T2 model green one great machine and i did not mind hunting into the noise ...so i ran it very hot, it`s a race horse and it just want to run...and when you show it the ground it will chatterery just sitting still.
I have a 5"DD coil for the T2 and a different one for the Omega they won`t run the same coil.
I have dug many Glit buttons 10" deep with the 5" coil and 6 Large Cents at 8"- 11"just this summer with both detectors. also great coil to Metal Detect in Reverse with.HH
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread