Hi everyone, advice please

flashyace

Sep 26, 2013
southern Michigan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Lets begin by saying I am fairly new to metal with only a couple of hours on my book. I started by borrowing mt brothers md and finding a few things in my back yard, the first was an old staple and then a nail, My first valuable piece was a dime, lol. eventually went to the neighbors back (with permission) and got a, what I thought was a solid hit, so I started digging and about 6-8 inches down started finding pieces of broken glass, then I hit something solid and it was the top of a mason jar, when I got the around it cleaned off I noticed that it was still attached, unfortunately when I removed the piece from the ground it was just the broken top, I was sooo bummed but I was still very excited of what it could have been.

Like I said I'm new to this but loving every minute of it. currently they are redoing all the sidewalks in my city, I dont get out of work til 5 and there is always 2 guys down to the new site before I can ever get there, another bummer.

I am in search of a md but not sure if I can get a decent one for around 200-250, so any opinion and advice would be much appreciated!!!!!!!!

also anyone from Hillsdale, MI

I love this thing they call "treasure hunting"

Chevyfan2k9

Aug 27, 2013
Conway,sc
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta 4000,fisher f2,garrett gta350,bounty hunter elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a fisher f2, I just ordered one for $215 shipped and comes with 4" coil, headphones, pinpointer and few other items

Jack

hunts with son

Sep 10, 2013
Monroe County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I just purchased the same for my son. He is young and had a bounty hunter jr for the last several months. I got myself an F2 last month and its a great machine, my first. My son gets his on Sunday for his birthday. Like the previous poster said, $215 with 2 coils and a pinpointer and other goodies. Just a word on the fisher pinpointer, the rear cap is a little flimsy but other then that its great (a little electrical tape fixed the problem). A great package for a beginner

Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread