Cherokee Dan

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics 4000 Garrett Pin Pointer
AT Pro, Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to this forum. I bought a Teknetics 4000 and have been using it in my yard. Found some newer pennies and a nickel. Just trying to get use to the 4000. Realized after sifting dirt and sand through my fingers that there had to be a better way. After reading all the post on this forum, I decided to buy the Garrett Pin pointer. I think it will make things a lot easier.(please excuse my language and spelling. (
True Red Neck )

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One way of doing without a pin pointer is to grab a hand full of dirt and wave it under or over your metal detector coil. If the target is in your hand the metal detector will beep.

Just make sure you don’t use your hand with a ring or watch on it, or for red necks, their beer.

SavageHunter

May 29, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Xterra 705, Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You won't regret it! I've been using the pro pointer for a few months now and love it! It significantly cuts down on the amount of time in the hole searching for a target.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations.

The pinpointer is the only way to go. My Pro Pointer started acting up today. It wouldn't shut down. I ended up spending the last hour at a crawl, pinpointing with my detector and then waving the clogs of dirt over the coil. I ended up giving up on a few holes because I couldn't find the coin.

You almost need a backup pinpointer like a back up detector.

Gfrrt

Sep 23, 2013
Monroe
Detector(s) used
White's cm pro and Discovery 1100 with garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations.

The pinpointer is the only way to go. My Pro Pointer started acting up today. It wouldn't shut down. I ended up spending the last hour at a crawl, pinpointing with my detector and then waving the clogs of dirt over the coil. I ended up giving up on a few holes because I couldn't find the coin.

I've heard a piece of cardboard behing the cap fixes it. worked for a friend of mine.

MetalDetectorDude

Oct 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, AT Pro, Etrac, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, it's an essential, for sure. Wouldn't detect without one!

OP
OP
C

Cherokee Dan

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics 4000 Garrett Pin Pointer
AT Pro, Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No wonder I am having problems, got to watch where I sit that beer can

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations.

My Pro Pointer did this too the other morning. The speaker hole had some mud in it and the area around the button was very muddy and wet. The rubber button cover actually created a vacuum of sorts when pressed in, so that it would not let air back in when trying to expand out to the original position. It was essentially only pushing out maybe halfway with a vacuum holding it in, which in turn was holding the power button in.

I periodically had to pry the corner of the rubber button cover open to relieve the vacuum which would fix the problem.

Perhaps I am spoiled, but I wouldn't even consider hunting without a good pin pointer.

Luckystiff

May 28, 2013
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75,Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the Fisher pointer that came with my F2 i had to just about touch the object and would take me forever to find stuff,NOT ANYMORE now that i got a pro pointer best investment you'll make.

Happy Hunting.:occasion14:

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best investment you will make for detecting other than your detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions