The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think most of us take in the extra info to compare and contrast our own methods, equipment and environment. It's one way to gauge our approach to detecting and see what works for most people, or at least what most people like or perceive to be the right way to go for their particular style, hunt-types and area.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OJG, I enjoy it as well and wish members would list their states. It is amazing how the attitude is different regionally. Still a noticeable difference in the Northern and Southern approach and mentality when it comes to many things. I tell you the ones that really fascinate me are the guys in the UK etc. Some of their finds are of an age that is nearly beyond our comprehension in the States. Could you imagine finding a Roman Coin. I would stroke. Hope you have a great weekend....... Really hope to post some good finds this weekend ha ha. Just waiting on hay and turned ground now. Best of luck from a Hillbilly in the Volunteer State. :hello:

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I list everything and way ohers would do the same, but to each their own. Maybe they think we will come find them and hunt out there spots if they say where they are from. If someone wants to hunt with me here your welcome to, the pickings are slim and the ground is backfill with lots of trash. In fact i wish others would clean up the garbage so i can concentrate on the good targets that are always deep.

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it should be mandatory to list what state or what country you are from, just like a users name is.

Someone will post it snowed 10 inches here. Well, where is here? Is that extraordinary where here is, or are you just stating a fact.

I find to amusing that some people don’t give it a thought that not everybody is from where they are from. That is why my signature has my general location in it.

So if I posted that it snowed ½ of an inch last night, everybody knows that is a rare event or they will think I am a liar, cause it don’t snow (or rain lately) in South Texas.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you OJG.......I am new to MD and have read, followed to learn.
I have limited experience in upstate NY and my plan was always to search in Ecuador, my home for half the year.......
Much history here, not to mention the beaches and native gold.
Hoping to get to the beach this weekend..........plan on posting any interesting finds.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people are just paranoid that everyone will come claim-jump their spots. Some people just don't think about the fact that we don't know where they live.

I do find it interesting to compare the finds and equipment of different regions too. On that same note, I don't bother reading the finds from the members in England or Europe. Might as well be reading about finds on the moon. Those types and ages of finds simply don't exist here and I have a less than zero chance of ever finding one.

JUNKER

Apr 7, 2012
SW FL,Copper Hill VA,Temple ME
Detector(s) used
XLT GrandmastercxIII Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's nice to see where people are from and maybe they are nearby I also like to see what people are using and finding with different MD's But I think so think someone is watching so they don't put where they are from what they don't know is if they were watching they already know where your from from the tec from your car to your phone to the computer.

Just my two cents HH and have a good day

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I agree as well. A lot of people ask questions about hunting but it is hard to help when we don't know where they live or what kind of machine they are using.

OP
OP
O

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I am not trying to find their hunting places. And I think it would be nearly impossible anyway. I just like to see what is found in the north, south, east and west. I wonder if more of a certain thing is found in a different part of the country. Of course, some things are obvious, like the civil war finds.

Happy Hunting everybody!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I like a post, an avatar or even a name, I usually look at their profile. I like when people list their specifics as well. I find I am the first to look at a brand new person's profile ( after mods or admins ) many times. Thanks for the post.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember stopping at a gas station in Iowa years ago and the attendant looked at my license plate and said.......
"Friendly Manitoba....Is that some kind of joke or something?" :icon_scratch:
"No, it's a province in Cana.........."
"A what?"
"Never mind!"
:laughing7:
Outside of Canadians, I can't imagine anyone caring where I'm from.
Even a few people from Minnesota thought we lived in Igloo's.
"Um, No. we have basically the same weather as you." Lol.
Now that we've got our NHL team back, people have heard of Winnipeg before.
Heck, we were known as the "Chicago of the North" in the early 1900's.
It's still a S-hole as far as I'm concerned but hey, it's home.
Cheers,
Dave.

JerseyDiggrr

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2013
S. New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. I too enjoy seeing everyones finds and where people are located, not an exact location but a general area is nice. I also like seeing the equipment being used since I am new and just bought my first machine a week ago it was nice seeing others using the same before I finally purchased it.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember stopping at a gas station in Iowa years ago and the attendant looked at my license plate and said.......
"A what?"
"Never mind!"
Cheers,
Dave.
Muddy, an old friend told me the story of how he had gotten tired of the headaches of owning his own sheet metal business and sold it to his son. Smart, cause he now could still work in the trade and what son is going to fire his father? Anyway, he and his wife took a vacation and drove from Oklahoma to Alaska. He said that was the greatest thing he had ever done and often described the beautiful scenery they saw. Not all Americans are unappreciative or ignorant of your country. Many of us wish our country was still as wild and unspoiled as yours. Be proud of your heritage wherever you are from!

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"A what?"
"Never mind!"
Cheers,
Dave.

What! You don’t all live in Igloo’s?

That’s like all Texans ride a horse and live on a big ranch.

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yeah its nice to know where finds come from, and when people talk alot about a certain subject, did they get their knowledge from books or is it right out their front door?
i also like to try and figure out people that have more than one handle, some people have three or even four, hmmmmm is this so they can carry on a conversation with themselves? some figure if the mods boots one of them off they still have a way in, if the mod's warn one of them sometimes they come in under another handle and defend the other, but the mod's aint dummies they usually figure it out.
i also like to figure out who the authors are on here, as there are many, but i respect their privacy, if they want you to know who they are they will tell you.

DixieLandMan

Sep 18, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202, White's MXT, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try to put information on where I am from but will not disclose the actual grid coordinates since people will know where I do my hunting. Although most of it is on private land.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What! You don’t all live in Igloo’s?

That’s like all Texans ride a horse and live on a big ranch.

and don't forget......Everything is BIG in Texas!

Lol.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
back in my hippie days I hitch hiked from the Canadian east coast to Vancouver Island. I have to say the Canadians I caught rides with were the friendliest people I ever came across. Loved your country, loved your people, loved your parks.
Now so no one yells at me, I choose to reside in the USA. & I no longer hitch rides. Too many close calls. am smarter now.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would post more info but, I'm e-challenged and it is not easy for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread