Missouri Mule

Greenie
Jul 20, 2013
Rural Ray County - Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 1-D 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been thinking about upgrading to a better detector. I am sure you have read this type of inquiry numerous times, so please bear with me. Like many of you that have been hit hard by the economic downfall, I am doing this on a very limited budget. I currently have an ages-old Bounty Hunter Tracker1-D/505 that works, but it is very hard to discriminate with it. I am sure its limitations are myriad. I would like one that is decent enough for me to get reasonably good at discriminating different kinds of metals, and has some depth capability. When doing research on this I have been overwhelmed with the choices and claims that a particular detector is the best one to get, etc. I am glad to get a used one if that will increase my chances on getting one where I can make some quick progress. I live in rural Missouri and will be detecting on old farms and building sites. Surely there are a few well known classics that are a serious upgrade and reasonably priced. What are your recommendations and the price I should expect to pay? Thank you much.

OP
OP
Missouri Mule

Missouri Mule

Greenie
Jul 20, 2013
Rural Ray County - Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 1-D 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take it that a tone ID does so by various tones unique to different metals and traditional would be a visual indicator? My Tracker 1 has a dial indicator with a scale of 0 to 10, and it makes an audible noise when over metal, the louder when there is more metal or closer to the surface. What do you think is best and why? Thanks for the reply.

ShOwStOpp3r

Sep 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohhh gawd i was in the same boat as you spent 3 weeks trying to research detectors and i was still clueless as to which one to buy,,it finally dawned on me one afternoon swinging my bounty hunter my arm was dead tired after 3 hours i needed something lighter so i just bought an XP Deus but not everyone can afford one of those,,maybe something from Tesoro would be right up your alley lightweight with lifetime warranty's and very very affordable especially if you pick up a used one on the forums..i dont own one but for the price they seem like ideal choices,,,Tesoro's have an almost cult like following too you'll be among good company in the "brands" section of the forum...something to consider

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you rusted iron.Thats a good article.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread