Tesoro........ GB (Outlaw) or no GB (Cibola) for back-up in SouthEast TN

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wanting a really light simple machine for a back-up and loaner. I have always liked the Tesoro's, but been many years since I owned one. Have watched tons of vids and read many articles on each but still can't make up my mind. I wouldn't mind one to just keep in the truck (when not too hot) to just check places from time to time and super light for some long recon hikes as well. I have a relatively new T2 SE and have no doubt about it being the depth monster it is touted to be, as well as pretty descent in the trash. The 5 in coil is awesome. Just want a less taxing (chatty) machine for another. Heck yes ...... just want another toy. My dilemma is will the Cibola give descent depth in this crazy soil. Some sandy silt in some sites and many have high iron red clay. Like the thought of the simplicity of the Cibola but wonder if will get similar depth to the outlaw since it is a "High Output" in some of our bad ground. One of the biggest things I want is a quite smooth and simple. I do not mind at all ground balancing a machine but thought if the Cibola is descent on depth in the bad ground it would be much simpler than teaching another person to Ground Balance. Ground balancing never given me a problem but does seem that some people just have an issue with it. Input from those who own or have used both would be greatly appreciated.:dontknow:

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have friends that hunt with the Cibola. I use an old Conquistador as a loaner and back up. It does not miss much and has very good depth. Tesoro is a great fast machine. I hit the hot rocks here with all my machines. I have also dug small shotgun pellets with a tesoro in wet soil. That says something TNGUNS. To be honest one guy I know bought the Outlaw and went back to his old silver saber II.
It is all in confidence and use. I like to run with iron open until I know what I am into then slowly blank it out as the finds get better.
My 4 cents worth. I know inflation!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread