SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run mine through the coin star. Part goes to I tunes gift card, part to Amazon.com gift card, for use throughout the year on stuff I want or need from both.

myfantasia1

Oct 3, 2008
Colorado, Denver
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, and now AP Pro. and AP Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I save mine in a water bottle, and going to give it to my grandkids when I die.

Beeps in my sleep

Sep 6, 2013
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, Fisher F2, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I clean it up and at Xmas time I walk up with a huge cup/s full to the bell ringers for the salvation army and have them remove the top of their cans so I can dump it all in.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roll it and Bank it.
Even the ate up zincolns the bank hates me.LOL:laughing9:

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a treasure chest in my shop and I put all my clad and costume jewelry into it. When I get it full then I'll decide what to do with it. It's pretty big so it'll take a while to do !

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a treasure chest in my shop and I put all my clad and costume jewelry into it. When I get it full then I'll decide what to do with it. It's pretty big so it'll take a while to do !

I'm planning on doing the same, every Pirate should have their own chest of plunder from the dirt. :icon_thumleft:

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
I keep all old silver and other coins but clad I cash in. Been keeping track of all clad I've found with my Outlaw since Aug 1st ($446.92) plus another $80 or so earlier this season and putting it towards buying a new Tesoro Tejon.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cash it in twice a year...June and December...go to the Outback steakhouse. Nothing like a free night out...just one of the perks from metal detecting.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I clean the clad when I need it and get MD'ing stuff. Little humor, we had a break in, they took the lid off the can I keep the metal junk in and left it, the next can over has easy $100 in dirty clad which they left! Guess they didn't know what to do with dirty quarters! Lol! Some thieves they were, guess they never heard of coin star!

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im still saving mine. A couple of my buddies buy gold coins which is a great investment. It's also great to turn clad into gold! Silver is good too. I'm not cashing mine in until I fill up the container I have it in. It's almost there & probably a few hundred dollars.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I give it to my grandkids. We clean it and then take it to the bank and put it thru the coin machine.

Last edited:

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
I save all of the silver, and copper pennies, what isn't collectable, I clean and it goes to the Coinstar machine and goes to gas, and batteries...
Baggins

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just cashed in my clad, ($137) and bought Morgan Silver Dollars

sagoropen

Oct 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello,
I spotless it out of bed and by the side of Xmas point in time I saunter out of bed by means of a enormous beaker/s occupied in the direction of the signal ringers intended for the deliverance armed forces in addition to encompass them get rid of the pinnacle of their know how to consequently I can abandon it each and every one within.

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I clean mine making them nice and pretty than vacuum seal them, maybe this winter I'll cash them in and try some coin rolling.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread