Funniest Finds?

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Well, Not that it was all that funny to me....But just image your hunting partner coming over the horizon of a hill swing the detector while lugging around a frying pan. I know my hunting buddy sure look at me in a puzzeled fashion then started to laugh when he saw what it was. This just happened this week also.....

2007_0221Image0003.jpg

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
I found a couple "in the act"... and no... i didn't get any pictures. (get your minds out of the gutter). apparently, I couldn't hear them with my headphones on... although my hunting buddy at the time could. And, no, he didn't tell me, wave, point them out... nothing. He just laughed his ass off when I found them

steve

OP
OP
Froggie

Froggie

Feb 19, 2007
Stafford Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
spez401 said:
I found a couple "in the act"... and no... i didn't get any pictures. (get your minds out of the gutter). apparently, I couldn't hear them with my headphones on... although my hunting buddy at the time could. And, no, he didn't tell me, wave, point them out... nothing. He just laughed his ass off when I found them

steve

Soooooo, what kind of sound does you MD put out on a find like that? ;D

R

redstarr

The frying pan is funny, I dug one out of my own yard a couple of weeks ago. The silliest thing I've dug up so far is a man hole cover, not the big round part, but the big circular outer ring, also out of my own yard. It wasn't the cover to my water meter, but the one that would have gone to the house that was once next door long long ago. It was so deteriorated that I couldn't identify it as a man hole cover, so I ended up digging it up piece by piece (it was broken into a few parts), hauling the heavy thing into the house, and spending hours cleaning it up to figure out what it was. Then my husband sees the pile of rusty junk, and I'm decoding the words on it and trying to get him to guess what it might be, and I tell him where I found it. He goes out to our own water meter, and my mystery find, low and behold, matches up. ;D

T

treasurejack

A few years ago a friend and I were up north in God's country doing some metal detecting on a small lake when suddenly I got this really good signal that was just jumping from one good tone to the next. After about five minutes of trying to scoop this thing up in 4ft of water I finally brought it to the surface and right away I new I had been had. My friend, "MIKE" had spent a few hours before our trip super gluing a bunch of coins together until he had a pipe of them about 8 inches long. When I looked up at the beach he was shaking his head and laughing pretty good. We always play pranks like this on each other during our trips.

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
I was digging 50 yards off an old dirt road 8 miles from any house when I got a strong signal. I dug down about 8" and found a pipe about 6" in dia. I checked along the top of the ground for about 10 feet in both directions and and kept getting a signal. I couldn't figure out why such a long pipe would be buried so far out in the woods. Then I looked out through the woods and saw a sign that said there was a natural gas pipe line going through the area.

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
lumbercamp said:
I was digging 50 yards off an old dirt road 8 miles from any house when I got a strong signal. I dug down about 8" and found a pipe about 6" in dia. I checked along the top of the ground for about 10 feet in both directions and and kept getting a signal. I couldn't figure out why such a long pipe would be buried so far out in the woods. Then I looked out through the woods and saw a sign that said there was a natural gas pipe line going through the area.

You would think they would put it a little deeper then 8" LOL

Hillbilly bread

Feb 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT , Coin Master & my nose<><
You might not think this is funny but I do. I found a tooth. Whats so funny about that & how did that come up on a MD you say. Well it ended up it had shotgun lead stuck in it and it is a human tooth. Well whats so funny about that you say. Well I found this right on a county border & I cant get no one to clame it. I found it over two years ago. & still have not got no one to come out there. There is more remains there. It was a Eye tooth & it was snaped of at the gum line. The lead was in the front of the tooth. you can guess how it got there. I have put pic's on hear befor but that was a few years ago. I will try to get more. Hillbilly Bread<><

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found an old tooth paste tub in my garden. (the older ones where made partly of aluminum)

NH Bob

Jan 22, 2007
NH
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
This is the third one of these I've found. The first one was at an old Motel/Diner. When I found it I didn't know what it was for sure but had a good idea.
The owner wanted to keep it so I gave it to her. The one in the pic is the best one I found and kept it for myself.
Those that do not know - These three women back in the 20s started making these condom tins and selling them for 50 cents with 3 condoms in them. That was a lot of money back then but the tins could be used over again.
I thought it was kind of neat and we all got a laugh out of the first one.

Attachments

• COINS ONLY 016.jpg
    COINS ONLY 016.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 325

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
NH Bob said:
This is the third one of these I've found. The first one was at an old Motel/Diner. When I found it I didn't know what it was for sure but had a good idea.
The owner wanted to keep it so I gave it to her. The one in the pic is the best one I found and kept it for myself.
Those that do not know - These three women back in the 20s started making these condom tins and selling them for 50 cents with 3 condoms in them. That was a lot of money back then but the tins could be used over again.
I thought it was kind of neat and we all got a laugh out of the first one.

Protection for your protection....Can never be too safe ;D

NH Bob

Jan 22, 2007
NH
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Ya, Thats it. My mother used to say " Your eyes are bigger than your belly"

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A 1973 Weeble.
TODAY3.jpg

Cute little guy, aint he? And very well preserved after all these years. Dug him up a couple months ago and got a laugh out of it..I didn't even know the weight inside was metal.

I'm thinking of taking him with me on digs as my good luck MDing mascot.

Nat

julesjunk

Nov 13, 2006
Some years back, I was hunting my next door neighbors front yard. Along the sidewalk, I found the English 2 Pence coin. My best friend had planted it a couple days before. On one side, he wrote, "find me" and the other he affectionately wrote, "loser". I guess I got the last laugh, as I found the Indian that same day.......

Attachments

• Karls.jpg
    Karls.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 205

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Somewhat related to NH Bob.

I was finding tiny little 1-1/2" tubes, squeezed empty, that looked like miniature toothpaste tubes at a park. Dozens of them??? I had no idea.

I got married at 20 and my wife was on the pill before & after so I guess my horizon only included the pre-lubed kind. :-[ The park superintendent still chuckles about that one, though I was good to my word of cleaning up any metal junk I find.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Charlie P. (NY) said:
Somewhat related to NH Bob.

I was finding tiny little 1-1/2" tubes, squeezed empty, that looked like miniature toothpaste tubes at a park. Dozens of them??? I had no idea.

I got married at 20 and my wife was on the pill before & after so I guess my horizon only included the pre-lubed kind. :-[ The park superintendent still chuckles about that one, though I was good to my word of cleaning up any metal junk I find.

I find those too... they are paint tubes... artists leave them laying around I guess...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread