Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Feb 2007

pinpointer or no pinpointer, that is my question.

i know that this has been answered probably a bazillion times,but i'm gonna ask again.do i need a pinpointer or not. i am waiting on my first ever detector to show up in a couple of days. i've just about spent my limit though. after the detector, headphones,digging utensil, and shipping, i've just about shot it all. speaking of shooting, my wife will shoot me if she ever finds out how much i have spent. anyway on another post last week i saw several pictures of pinpointers that ya'll had put on there. someone put one one that was cheap and they liked the way it worked. but i have looked back for the last half hour or so and can't find it. i need help! pinpointer or no pinpointer?

Godspeed

wrr

Nov 2006
    Portland, OR
    Minelab Explorer SE
    12 times

Re: pinpointer or no pinpointer, that is my question.

Save your clad and get a Sunray Probe

Mar 2005
    Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
    49 times

a pinpointer will make your hunting a lot easier and a lot faster which will equal more good finds. dont hesitate to get one.
    GTI 2500/ACE 250

us
    Feb 2007
    East Central Florida WP
    Whites XLT / M6
    19 times

Yes, get one. You will find it to be a great time saver.
    Ray S ECenFL

Sep 2006
    jersey city new jersey
    Tesoro Tiger Shark

sunray is the best

us
    Jan 2007
    South Carolina
    Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
    153 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

When you dig a hole almost to China and still keep getting the signal 6inches down....and finally find it on the edge about 1 inch down...you will want the pinpointer..lol

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    11392 times
    Metal Detecting

Nope. You don't need a seperate pin pointer.

You don't "need" a digging tool beyond fingernails. It just makes it all that much easier. I much prefer hunting with a pinpointer.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

us
    Dec 2006
    MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
    3 times

Yes,when it comes to detecting,yes a pinpointer will save you alot of unnecessary digging.The coins and dirt look so much alike,and when you have the hole opened,the pinpointer will allow you to know if you need to dig deeper,or it's on the side of the hole,Good luck.Ronald99

se
    Sep 2006
    Sweden
    White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
    2070 times
    Prospecting

No need for a pinpoinet but as many said it makes recovery easier and faster. I've also got one.
    Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

Feb 2007
    Coventry, CT
    Minelab (2), Garrett (2), Whites (2)

Coins on edge will deflect the pinpoint - sometimes as much as several inches, depending on how deep they are and which machine you use. My first experience - I was 'digging to China' - friend came over with a pinpointer - my first ever British copper was in the SIDE of the very wide hole, down only 4-5 inches. I actually had given up on the target. Ordered a pinpointer the next day.
    Also - do you like nice old coins that you've scratched in retrieving?
    A pinpointer will help in this area. (It also helps finding your target in the dirtpile...again, prevents scratching.)
    Dave G.

Mar 2006
    Granby, CT
    2 times

Its not a matter of need but whether or not you want an easier time of finding the target and lessen the chances of damaging it. I would go with a Sunray first if there is one that fits your detector or the Vibraprobe as the next choice.
    TonyinCT
    http://www.tcmetaldetectors.com

Feb 2007
    Colorado
    MX5 plus many others in the past
    10 times

DITTO

us
    This aint no damn flea circus!!!

Mar 2006
    Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Eastern Idaho!
    Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
    15 times

Yes, get a pinpointer. You will never hunt without one again! Sunrays are nice if you can get one for your model detector & if you can afford to buy it. If money is an issue I recomend the Techniks pinponter from Bounty Hunter, about $60 & tough as hell! Ive used mine fer many months with out a single problem. Heres a link from a local seller, he'll give you a further discount if you contact him & tell him you are a TN member.

http://www.saveyourmoneystore.com/se...etal+Detectors

"Agitate! Agitate! Ought to be the motto of every reformer. Agitation is the opposite of stagnation...... one is life, the other death."
    -Ernestine L. Rose-

us
    Dec 2006
    MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
    3 times

TonyinCT,is correct about the sunray,if you purchased a compatible detector,The vibaprobe,i also purchased,this is waterproof,and works great,the bounty hunter Techniks pinpointer,you have to be touching object,plus,the dad blasted battery cover will have to be taped on,or you will lose it,I can not understand why they continue,to allow this battery cover to remain as it is.If you already invested decent money in your detector,don't try to cut corners,with cheap products,Digging deep holes will tire you out,but a good pinpointer,will make you happy.Good luck.Ronald99

Feb 2007

River Rat if you dont mind where you from i fish the wabash from palestine to russelville ill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links