A few random unrelated questions...

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. 1976 silver Eisenhowers (not proof) - were they made in both Type 1 and Type 2 varieties?

2. Do the TD Banks in Canada have penny arcades that accept Canadian change? Can a US account holder use them free of charge?

3. Corroded coins (pennies, nickels) whats the best method to remove the corrosion? I know you arent supposed to clean coins but I cant even tell what type of coins they are!

4. Does anyone have experience shipping Internationally with the Ebay Global Shipping Program?

I know they all seem a bit random and unrelated, but I figured it was better than posting 4 different threads!

Thanks in advance for you answers and HH everyone

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. 1976 silver Eisenhowers (not proof) - were they made in both Type 1 and Type 2 varieties?

2. Do the TD Banks in Canada have penny arcades that accept Canadian change? Can a US account holder use them free of charge?

3. Corroded coins (pennies, nickels) whats the best method to remove the corrosion? I know you arent supposed to clean coins but I cant even tell what type of coins they are!

4. Does anyone have experience shipping Internationally with the Ebay Global Shipping Program?

I know they all seem a bit random and unrelated, but I figured it was better than posting 4 different threads!

:hello: I can answer question #2 for you. All the TD Banks I have seen in Canada do not have penny arcades in them. The Canadian coins are steel & they would only clog up the machines because of the magnets they have in them to catch the steel coins. For non account holders in Canada, the bank will change up to $250 a day Canadian change into Canadian currency at no charge. You have to roll the coins in order to do this. If you have a account with TD Bank in the United States, it doesn't count. Something about the United States TD Banks are a different corporation. They only consider a person with a account in a Canadian TD Bank to be a account holder. I've been going up to Canada with my wife for several years & we always bring Canadian change with us. I've never had any problem changing the coins into currency. Hope this helps.

HH
Gary

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hydrogen peroxide for cents, katsup for nickels (salt and vinegar).

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found both type 1 and 2 as well. but do the variations exist on the silver coins?

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

I don't use this, I just print out an international thermal label and sign it. That's what I would recommend. Seems like too much unnecessary work to use their "global shipping program."

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found both type 1 and 2 as well. but do the variations exist on the silver coins?

My bad. Need to actually read the whole post before responding sometimes.
What I'm reading on the Ike Group price guide is that there was a 1976-D silver Ike, but it looks pretty damn rare. That one was a Type 2. The 1976-S silver Ikes are all the same type, but it doesn't say which one it is. Price Guide | The Ike Group

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't use this, I just print out an international thermal label and sign it. That's what I would recommend. Seems like too much unnecessary work to use their "global shipping program."

I second that, I always just ship first class international mail (I think?). I've never had an issue.

sax player

Apr 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What does this have to do with Coin Roll Hunting?

Maybe this thread would fit better in the Coins sub-forum:

Coins

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does this have to do with Coin Roll Hunting?

Maybe this thread would fit better in the Coins sub-forum:

Coins

Sax you have been warned. Your not a mod, any more thread attacks or posts like this one after time of warning will be dealt with......

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody would have a problem with you if you just used the forum for what it was made for

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sax you have been warned. Your not a mod, any more thread attacks or posts like this one after time of warning will be dealt with......

Thank you

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was posted before I was warned...

Sax you were warned before this thread in another thread then in a PM.

Just be a member, stop trying to play mod, if you don't like a thread move to one you do like, post by our rules and you will have no problems.

Stop

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread