DR Power Wagon 6.25 Premier for carrying 300lbs of Electronic Prospecting gear?

Oct 23, 2013
Black Diamond, Wa
Detector(s) used
Infinium LS / Garrett
Excalibur II / Minelab
GMT Goldmaster / White's

Two Person Airline E 160 Hookah
Honda 2000i Portable Generator
Gold Cube with Topper
ATV with trailer
Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all!

I am Geology Student at Western Washington University about to earn my BS this fall. I spent my last few summers gold panning and sluicing around King County, where my parents live. I’ve been collecting quite a few gadgets for gold prospecting off of Craigslist, here is what I have so far:

Going to buy a DR Power wagon premier 6.25 motorized wheelbarrow for 500 unless someone doesn't think it will work to carry all my gear to the river.

------Garrett Infinium LS with waterproof headphones, large DD coil, 8 inch mono coil, and warranty - 600 Dollars
------Minelab Excalibur II - 450 Dollars
------Minelab Pro find Pin Pointer - 150 Dollars
------Buying a White’s GMT for 500 for the tiny shallow gold my Infinium may miss.

------Airline AL E160 - Two Person Electric air compressor dive system (Hookah), with two 60 foot hoses and regulators. Good for two people to 25 feet deep, or one person to 60 feet deep, and 120 feet out. Connects to generator - 450 Dollars
------Honda 2000i Inverter (2000 watt portable suitcase generator) - 350 Dollars
------4 Stack Gold Cube - 300 Dollars

------Going to make a homemade classifier for gold cube
------Going to make a homemade neodymium magnet sluice for before gold cube
------May have an extra sluice catching gold in my tailings if I still have the square footage of riffle area available. I should because the magnet sluice will be riffle-less, meaning it shouldn’t count as a sluice.
------Wet vac for sucking material, connected to generator
------May buy a dredge to run into my classifier, magnet sluice, and gold cube.
------Three water pumps, running off of 3 types of power
------Dive light, which I still need to buy.
------Wetsuit
------Go pro
------Car batteries
------Tarps for keeping generator and diving air compressor dry.
------Stands for classifier and magnet sluice, need to build.

Let me know what you think and if you have any advice on how my gear will hold up on catching that fine flaky gold in washington. let me know what modifications you think i could make or gear i should look into. If you are in the area and know where some gold is, we can sure find it together. i should have everything necessary to find it and get it out of the river.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread