Montana

srd1941

Greenie
Jan 3, 2007
Central WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Jim
I made one of the pinpointers you referenced. It works, air tests at 1 1/4 inches on a penny and is easy enough to make; however, I've really never used it in the field. Thought I'd try it this year if the snow every goes away. Been snowing steady for the last two days.
Stan

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
srd1941 said:
Jim
I made one of the pinpointers you referenced. It works, air tests at 1 1/4 inches on a penny and is easy enough to make; however, I've really never used it in the field. Thought I'd try it this year if the snow every goes away. Been snowing steady for the last two days.
Stan

Stan - Thanks for the input!  Very cool to know it works... now to get it into the field! 

Welcome to TreasureNet and thanks for the reply... I look forward to seeing how that works - when you post all your finds for us to enjoy!

Spidey

Feb 20, 2007
Omaha
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'm thinking that is so far over my head. I don't even own a soldering iron.

I did look at some on ebay, though. It looks like I could get one for about $10. For about $20 investment it might be worth trying.

Spidey

Feb 20, 2007
Omaha
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'd be willing to reimburse anyone, and throw in a cool $10 for anyone who wants to make one of these ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread