StogieJim

Feb 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Exp 2, Tejon, & Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

Just a brief introduction. I'm a GIS/remote sensing engineer living in Fairfax, VA (on top of the Chantilly battlefield) with wife Margaret. I've had an unfulfilled desire to hunt treasure for a very long time. Dove for bottles in the St. Lawrence River in the early 70's and had a very crude MD about that time. Main collecting interests are coins and bottles.

I've spent quite a little time reading the various posts and this looks like a great community. Anyone interested in getting together for a little coin-shooting please contact ([email protected] or PM). Just ordered a getting started kit: Tesero Compadre, Killer Bees headphones, and a pinpointer all of which should be here by the end of the week. If it is attached, the image is me in S CA when I was flying gliders.

Thanks for looking in.

StogieJim (or just Jim, if you prefer)

Attachments

• gumby010Small.jpg
    gumby010Small.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 164

Froggie

Feb 19, 2007
Stafford Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Welcome Jim,
I'm new to this as well.
If you find a good place to hunt let me know.
I'm in Stafford and work in Old Towne Alexandria

Ronin9868

Jan 2, 2007
South Eastern VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab SE, 12x15 and the 10x12 Butterfly Excel, 12.5 Excel,18.5 Excel
Welcome to TN, Good luck with your hunts and drop me a line should you ever want to relic hunt some time.

Roy

Stacylee926

Dec 29, 2006
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Discovery 1100
Welcome Jim!!

3 years ago I moved down to Hampton Roads, but was born and raised in Arlington/Fairfax. My daughter still lives up there, and the next time I visit I will be bringing my new MD! I can't wait to go MDing at my old elementary school.

This is such a fun hobby - HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread