Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I walk in a store that has one. So far I found just clad and a few foreign , nothing old.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work in a large grocery store and every morning when I get to work(about 3:45am),I check not only the reject slot but also the tray where you drop in your coins and also the top of the machine.I find allot of foreign coins and allot of tokens,and of course silver coins.Was told by the the Coin Star guy who comes and cleans it up,that the machine doesn't really like silver coins and will usually reject them. As of this year I have found 43 penny's,6 nickles,4 dimes & 3 quarters
for a total of $1.45.Also found a couple of 5 cent Euro's,2 steel penny's,1-1958 dime & 1-1960 quarter ,also about a handful of tokens.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a mercury dime, along with a half dozen French coins in the Coinstar reject boc a couple months ago. I always check them but silver was a surprise.

OP
OP
S

silvermagnet

Dec 10, 2013
Not so free state of Georgia.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
as i posted on sagi's coinstar thread i found a ''dump'' consisting of a u.a.e. 1 dirham, a steel cent, and a canadian '88 nickel about a week or two ago and about 4 days after that i found $2 in zincoln cents and 3 days or so ago i found a 1933 canadian nickle and 2 mexican coins. jan. was a great month for coinstar hunting!

OP
OP
S

silvermagnet

Dec 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i hardly ever have time to post so i will only post about anything over $1 and all foreign and pre-1950 coins and silver.

OP
OP
S

silvermagnet

Dec 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FRIDAY i found a 1940 s wheatie and sunday i found a 2000 GB 5 pence and a 1996 GB penny! I think i find a lot of foreigns here bc i am so close to a large airport and foreigners give tips in their native currency accidentally or intentionally.

OP
OP
S

silvermagnet

Dec 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
this isn't really a coinstar find but i found 5 coins next to a coke machine and one of them was a bu 1991 d doubled die on the date!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep hunting those machines!

OP
OP
S

silvermagnet

Dec 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FriDay I got a 1964d quarter in change (pawnshop of course) and yesterday I found a 1942 d reverse double die in the coinstar!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread