The money tree!

konnon6

Feb 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
homemade/whites DFX/MinlabGP3000/Garret 250
Well across the street from the park was this 200 yr old oak tree.
there had been old houses there but had been bulldosed down.
an old tire swing was still hanging but was falling apart.Ilooked up and the tree kinda gave me a warm feeling.Like the apple tree you fall asleep under on a summers day.Like a Norman Rockwell painting.
If this tree could talk?And It did!No I'm not crazy!It talked in another way.I found coins all around it. From people who just would sit under
its shade and fall asleep and loose some change now and then.But digging down some I found an old toy truck the tin and metal kind of
years gone by.And fork and some spoons probly from someones picknic.A small metal and tin box with a ring brass with some stones
but not of any value,a lost love mybe.I found two wheat pennys a silver dime a silver quarter.And on the other side I found an old pearl
pocket knife rusted and falling apart.The tree was old and hollow.
up inside up inside I found an old hammer.The tree had many carveing's on it.You know the kind TOM and Cindy I love becky
and so on.Not hardly readable but from years gone by.Out side the tree had spikes driven in its trunk and some old eye bolts.Down deeper I found an old leather shoe.late 1800s type.I found some old plow bolts and square nuts.Up the tree about eight feet up threre was a cut round hole that had long since healed and grown back togather, but with my metal detector I reached up there and got a
reading of something.I haven't checked it out yet.But I still find money all around the tree.About twenty five feet away I found a blacksmiths hammer and five horse shoes, some tongs a tin rusted
box an old hindge, square nails( lots of them) and a shoe pick.
Ya if this tree could really talk I would love to here its storys!

Attachments

• tree1.JPG
    tree1.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 187
  • tree3.JPG
    tree3.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 172
  • tree.JPG
    tree.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 181
  • tree2.JPG
    tree2.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 166
  • tree4.JPG
    tree4.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 171
  • tree5.JPG
    tree5.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 178
  • tree6.JPG
    tree6.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 171
K

Kentucky Kache

Sounds like you got a good thing there. Get up to that hole and find out whats in there.

cuddles17981

Oct 3, 2005
Schuylkill County,PA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garrett 250, Bounty Hunter
8) thats awesome.. I would have had to empty that thing out.. Got a small kid?(to send in the hole)..lol JK..keep us posted on your finds.. Good Going.!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey learn how to post pics of your stuff :-\

sonny0065

Jan 10, 2007
warner robins, Ga
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Plow parts. The father would be out plowing the field on a hot summer day. Lunch time. The wife and kids bring a picnic lunch out so they can eat together under the tree in the shade. After they eat the kids play around the tree. They knock the baskt over and some of the stuff falls out and some gets covered with leaves. Mother tells kids to pick it up. You know how young kids are, they miss some of the forks and spoons. Meanwhile the father lays down to rest a bit before going back to work. Change falls out of his pocket. He remembers that he has to fix a part on his plow and leaves some old parts laying under the tree. Sunday afternoon, the kids are bored and go to play under the tree. The kids have their own little garden and they have just sold some produce from it to the local general store so they have a little change in their pockets. They lose some coins whileplaying. The oldest boy hides his horde of marbles in a can an puts it in the hole that he saw in the tree where a limb had broken off. A few years later he goes of to war and forgets about his little treasure. Now the stage is set for somebody to find this stuff. Sorry so long winded but I guess it could have happened that way. Anyway great finds. Letus know what is in the hole. HH Sonny

OP
OP
K

konnon6

Feb 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
I,m sorry we all arn't that profficient at down loading pictures yet
give us some Time! sides the pictures havn't even been developed yet!Any help would be appreciated on down loading pictures to this
thread.Thanks

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I hunt old roads and game lands I focus on the big, old trees. When looking for old objects you have to be where they were lost, and big trees have been where that are for hundreds of years. Usually left behind because they defined borders or field edges, and paths. I carry a bricklayer's hammer to break up the solidly packed dirt around the trees (and because it is "T" shaped it pokes around roots better than a trowel).

If you ever run across lilacs in the woods, check around for old foundations or homesites. They were often planted near homes.

OP
OP
K

konnon6

Feb 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
Well we hunted the money tree today and she gave up somemore money.But nothing but clads and a sacajwea dollar.The hole was nothing but another eyebolt.No hidden caches.but it still was lots of fun.An old grape vine grows around the fence and some cherry trees still bloom but no silver was found.The old tree still hasn't told anymore story's yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread