New here and need some advice!

Molon Labe

Feb 4, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off, hello everyone! I have been detecting for a year now and can't wait for the warm year to come. I live in northern NJ but am moving to PA very soon and can't wait to see what PA yields! I am using a garrett ace 350. I know its not super top quality but it gets the job done. I do want to upgrade but don't necessarily want to spend $2,000 on a detector as of now (Maybe in the future). My question is would a Garret AT Gold be a solid choice. I believe they run for about $750 (I think correct me if I'm wrong) and being that they are waterproof up to 10 feet, I feel that it is very versatile since I plan on doing a lot of river detecting too. Thanks for the help and hopefully a fun time here!

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The AT series are excellent detectors. Very nice upgrade from the Ace series. You should do well with one.

nleet22

Jan 5, 2014
lancaster pa
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250, AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im in pa and have the ace 250..im thinking about the at pro. im wondering is the at pro have more features then the gold or is the gold better then the pro? I do a lot of yards and fields

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the atpro and hunt creeks. Some places they call them rivers. An excellent up grade for sure. I really like mine.. I also like Tesoro's. The atpro is easy on land and water. I suggest water proofing your pin pointers and putting a lanyard on everything if in a river. I wear a mask no ear phones and a go pro. Make sure you keep up with the caps for the head phone plug in to close them off. It is lots of fun. I do not have the gold and hunt in zero mode.

S

stefen

If working in 10 feet of water, the balance of the $2000 can be spent on a wet suit, air tanks and face mask...

OP
OP
M

Molon Labe

Feb 4, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if I buy a Garrett AT Pro (Which is what i am now leaning towards since I am not desert gold nugget hunting), I need certain caps to keep the plug ins water proof? If so, can someone provide a picture or link?

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The water proof caps come with the AT Pro. And it is an excellent choice.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T Net Molon Labe. What ever you pick, GL and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread