Greenie
Jan 7, 2014
POCAHONTAS AR
Detector(s) used
GARETT ACE 350
TESSORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes a person's find is not where he expects to find it. I have th'ed for sometime now. I will admit that since coming to Arkansas I did a lot less. Everything seemed to get in the way. This past fall I noticed that my youngest grandson living in my area was taking an interest in my detector ... a 1991 Tessoro Bounty Hunter. I gave the detector to him when I bought my Garrett. Anyway he is my greatest find in th'ing. He goes out every chance he gets and can't wait till a patch of snow has melted. The last time he went out, he went to the park not far from his house. he found a stash of Wheaties ... around 20 in one hole... One was a 1918 and the newest was 1957.

WHAT ARE YOU WALKING ON... ARKANSASLYNX

Attachments

• 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 106

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He's hooked or at least he will be able to pass the interest along someday to someone.

My dad didn't think that I was paying attention to all the pennies he was digging back in 1976.

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to you young man keep'em swinging more great things to come for you in life congrats & good luck :thumbsup:

OP
OP
A

arkansaslynx

Greenie
Jan 7, 2014
POCAHONTAS AR
Detector(s) used
GARETT ACE 350
TESSORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so proud of him. I love to see young ones doing things other than getting into trouble. th'ing is great for all of us but it offers great things for our kids. I thank you for your encouragement to him.

tennessee

Feb 8, 2013
East tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am so proud of him. I love to see young ones doing things other than getting into trouble. th'ing is great for all of us but it offers great things for our kids. I thank you for your encouragement to him.

Amen, We're proud of him too.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's great to see the young ones getting into TH'ing, that is gold right there!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Arakansaslynx; That's a fine thing you did there. You not only gave him a great hobby but you literally changed his life for good. I've been detecting for 45 years now. I started when I was 11. Greatest gift my mom ever gave me. I loved the peace and quiet and the finds I always made whether it was a penny or a gold ring. The thrill of the Hunt kept me going. When ever I got mad or frustrated or bored I grabbed my detector instead of punching some clown face in.I also spent 6b years in the ring boxing. Good right hook ya know. !! :thumbsup:
Encourage him any way you can. Take him with you and you will truly both be blessed by God with the memories you two will have forever. To us here in these Forums you are a true HERO. God Bless You.
PS: We await your future Posts. And if you don't Post any pics of you guys in the Field hunting we'll just kill you ok. !!!! :laughing7::laughing7::thumbsup: PEACE:RONB

The Greatest Treasure any Man can have is Peace of Mind. !!! RB

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Arkansaslynx; What are your ages. Read my Post below and you will understand why I asked ok. PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread