Whites metal Detector

Southern_Boy

Feb 2, 2007
New York State..Vestal, NY
Detector(s) used
Fischer CZ-3D
Hi Everyone:

I purchased a whites metal detector at ebay, I have yet to receive it but it will becoming. I could not afford the new ones but I really wanted to join you guys and girls in this new hobby. This whites is a coinmaster but I knew I would need the owner's manual to work it properly. I emailed the manufacturer and they informed me that I could go to their website and download the manual for Free! As a consumer I really appreciate that and I will now be a loyal consumer of their Products!

I really like it when a company will go to those lengths to make the people who buy their products.

Sincerely,
Southern_Boy

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites has some Excellent Detectors, You won't be sorry.

I'll be looking forward to Seeing your Finds & hearing of your
searches.

Jeff

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
Good deal!

It sounds like your on your way.

Good luck and you won't ever regret using White's.

Ask every question you might have, this forum is great and everyone is as nice as can be.

OP
OP
Southern_Boy

Southern_Boy

Feb 2, 2007
New York State..Vestal, NY
Detector(s) used
Fischer CZ-3D
Hi Everyone:

I forgot to add one bit of important information to my recent post. The person who sent me the email was the President of the Company..Michael White! I think that speaks volumes for the company and I will now only buy from them.

Once I get my metal detector I will then know the exact manual to download and I will be off and searching. My kids have these Detectors from Radio Shack and we have had fun playing with them. Once the spring hits we will be off and running. The ground is still too hard to do any real searching.

Sincerely,
Southern_Boy

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Southern Boy,
Good luck with the new detector. I own a White's DFX and love it...may even purchase a Beach Hunter ID. If you go to the classified section on this forum then go into free stuff there is a link for a free book from White's on the DFX. I know it is not the same detector but you may pick up some helpful tips plus it is completely free so you have nothing to lose.

Good Luck
NJ

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
whites is a top notch company with very high quality products. one of the best in the business for sure! congrats!

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a Whites and I love mine as well!! You can't go wrong with a Whites!!

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
my xlt is 12 years young ;D

Slabman

Jan 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT, Quattro, X-Terra, Sovreign, Whites Goldmaster
I purchased a whites metal detector at ebay, I have yet to receive it but it will becoming. I could not afford the new ones but I really wanted to join you guys and girls in this new hobby. This whites is a coinmaster but I knew I would need the owner's manual to work it properly.

If you purchased one of the old Whites Coinmasters, you will find that it is a bit different from the more
modern machines out there today. Those were called "whippers". On a deep signal, the faster you whip the
coil back and forth, the better the signal. They will not give a signal unless the coil is moving. I started
metal detecting in 1981, and my first machine was a Whites Coinmaster, Series II. Don't get me wrong...
they are old, but will still do very well. I filled up a safe deposit box with the Series II.
Well, get out there and have fun with it. Like it's mentioned so often in this forum, there is no feeling
like seeing that first silver coin pop out of the ground!!
HH Slabman

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
the customer service is the best
bought a used MD (XLT) out of warenty that had just been refurbished by whites new screen pod and circuit so i bought it wasn't long after i bought it that it went bad called whites and they replaced all for free great people Ill buy another whites

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
I own 3 whites detectors & no problems yet..........got a buddy who has had an MXT fer over a year now, last weekend it freaked out on him so he took it back to where he bought it. Him & the dealer looked it over, the battery compartment smelled like smoke & it wouldnt pick up up a quarter in an air test so the dealer sent it back. Whites called the dealer & said they couldnt find anything wrong, the dealer said "it was not working properly" so they made a corporate decision to give him a brand new MXT with the new improved 950 coil! My buddy is very happy & swinging again! Cant beat their customer service!

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
i only buy whites and always from whites dealers garunteed great service

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also own a White's (Prizm III) and am thrilled with the detector. Their customer service is A-one as well and everyone I have every contacted there gets back to me IMMEDIATELY. Their top nothc detectors and their customer service which is excellent has made me a life long White's customer..I won't even look at another manufacturers product when I get detectors for my kids and refer all my friends to Whites as well.. They have EARNED their superb reputation!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread