Anyone use one of these?

forgetaboudit

Feb 15, 2014
Milwaukee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I walked through Fleet Farm today and saw one of these on the shelf and thought it would be perfect to dig up treasures. It would allow you to replaces the sod without much if any signs you were ever there.
Bulb-Transplanter_width306.jpg

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a reason we use Lesche diggers and the like. A bulb digger just won't "cut it" so to speak. Get a Lesche.

Surf_Pirate

Life's Short - Dig Deep
Mar 31, 2013
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes a Lesche, and you can find them longer like a shovel. Have used them planting pine trees... good Idea had never thought of it..but now you've given
another great idea,:icon_scratch: Wow!
I have a hole plugger used for making golf cup holes.. off to dig :headbang:

Surf_Pirate

Life's Short - Dig Deep
Mar 31, 2013
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes a Lesche, and you can find them longer like a shovel. Have used them planting pine trees... good Idea had never thought of it..but now you've given
another great idea,:icon_scratch: Wow!
I have a hole plugger used for making golf cup holes.. off to dig :headbang:

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess if it was a small object and you were 99.99% certain your target was in the center of that thing. I would buy one. Im kidding Looks like it would do damage to the target if one was off on pin pointing.

Last edited:

locater

Aug 13, 2013
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites GMT, BH Platinum w/ Fisher F5, 11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also use a Lesche, very durable tool. When keeping the grass in good condition is important, I ALWAYS cut a hinged plug. Leaving the root structure attached to the surrounding grass on one side keeps the grass in the plug alive.

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go ahead and try it. Can't hurt. Just make sure you leave the place looking better than when ya got there :)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a klutz and would damage the coin with that, so I use a screw driver and a small digger. What ever works best for you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread