Jonestown, TX - If You are Reading This - FILL IN YOUR DANG HOLES!

AusTexDude

Aug 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bayou bandit

Feb 9, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax,Whites 3900/D Pro series, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and cen- tec pinpointer (doing it on the cheap)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One bad apple. :BangHead:

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its always one.At our county fairgrounds they only ask that you fill your hole back in.They say it does not have to be pretty.And throw your trash in the barrels that are all over the place.They have events there all the time.I have found gold and plenty of coins out there even watches.But after every weekend you always find holes and cans where people are mad because they found trash.And there is one supervisor that states if he had it his way no one would metal detect out there.I feel he will take pictures of that one day and show his bosses then it will be off limits for all of us.I just hate jerks like that.And they are usually the ones that rush out and buy a 1000 dollar detector and after a little while it ends up in the closet or garage.I had to just get that off my chest.Sorry if i got carried away.

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen people take large plugs out and shake the dirt from them completely...then pat the shredded grass back over the hole like a toupee gone horrible wrong.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess scarring the bee gees out of them is out!
You should see the huge holes that some people, they're not all MD'ers either, leave at the beach, and the trash, when the barrels are right there!!!!

Do you think the same ruckus will be raised if an MD'er falls in a hole John Q. Public dug and left, as compared to an ankle deep hole some idiot waving a detector left...probably not. After all we're waving a detector around so we must be the bad guys.

I still like the idea of sliding up next to an inconsiderate MD'er who is leaving holes and saying "Did you hear what happened to the guy yesterday who didn't fill his holes? He was cuffed and arrested for defacing public property!" Then shake my head as I walk away saying " If he had only filled his holes." :laughing7:

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My nightmare happened.I went out to the county fairgrounds today and they have fenced in a large area.They say its just temporary for bike week they did put in a lot of portajohns so maybe it is.But that area is most productive for everyone.They never did that before for bike week.The areas that are still open are areas where the grass looks good but you start digging and find out its hard clay.Three of us tried it but we gave up after an hour.Anybody have any tips on digging in clay?

OP
OP
AusTexDude

AusTexDude

Aug 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My nightmare happened.I went out to the county fairgrounds today and they have fenced in a large area.They say its just temporary for bike week they did put in a lot of portajohns so maybe it is.But that area is most productive for everyone.They never did that before for bike week.The areas that are still open are areas where the grass looks good but you start digging and find out its hard clay.Three of us tried it but we gave up after an hour.Anybody have any tips on digging in clay?

Yes... I invented a digger for just such a thing.

digger3.JPG
digger2.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread