My dads house

Spidey

Feb 20, 2007
Omaha
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
My dad's house

it's about 100 years old.

I was running the detector over it last week, and when I'd go to dig, I was digging up an old red brick walkway. Would that cause the detector to go off? Or is there something there besides that? He didn't much want me tearing up his yard too much, so I didn't go any deeper than that.

dtsnmike240z

Mar 7, 2007
missouri for now
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Re: My dad's house

man i would make a promise to put it back nice and beg to go free. could be a cache. could be a metal grating to hold the brick pathway in place. You will never know till you dig.

how does it register. deep, shallow, low end iron, high end silver, in the middle....?

is it big, does it follow the whole path?

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5

dtsnmike240z said:
man i would make a promise to put it back nice and beg to go free. could be a cache. could be a metal grating to hold the brick pathway in place. You will never know till you dig.

how does it register. deep, shallow, low end iron, high end silver, in the middle....?

is it big, does it follow the whole path?

If it does go the whole length it could be some kind of metal support to hold the bricks... but if it is just in spots..... probably some lost coins between the bricks or under them. Good luck!!!!!

OP
OP
Spidey

Spidey

Feb 20, 2007
Omaha
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

The brick is about 3-4 inches under the surface. There's an awful lot of it--spread out like a walkway. I just wondered if I bother to hit that area--if it would interfere with the detector.

I've only had the detector for a short time--and when I went over to his house the ground was pretty frozen. I still don't really know my detector all that well -- it's a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. I didn't have much chance to really dig. I'll head over when the ground thaws a bit more and maybe excavate some of the brick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread