explain for me?

ritva_1950

Greenie
Feb 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2014-03-01 10.51.47.jpg 2014-03-01 10.51.42.jpg

Hi Everybody!

I am Ritva, 32 years old from Stockholm Sweden. And i love geology.
Excouse me english and forgive me maybe bad posting here in the fourom.

But i has took two picture about some rocks and mineral i think that i dont the name of, maybe somebody here can help me to dicover the name of those rocks?

So what is the name of the rocks or minerals?

A B C D
E F G H
I J

?????

Your Sincerly Ritva

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a little hard to tell from small pictures , but I'll guess that B could be calcite , and F might be granite - welcome to T-net !

OP
OP
R

ritva_1950

Greenie
Feb 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THxs Mr.

if you click on the picture it get bigger i hope

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Ritva_1950
I know absolutely nothing about Geology, but I have learned enough to get brave and take a guess. You can let us know when you find the real answers, how close I came.
None of your rocks are smooth, like they were worn down by a river or creek, so I don't think you found them there.
If you did, then the source is very, very, close. They haven't had time to travel yet.
For the 2 on the top row (left), I would search "transparent or colorless minerals" on the internet, they have a mineral class all of their own!
The top row 2 on the right just looks like rocks to me, although the I find the flat one curious, it's like it came from a different area then the rest (to small to tell).
The one that is middle row (left), and bottom row (right) look like brothers to me. Have you tried a magnet on any of them (rare earth is best)? I'm guessing that the 3 blackest rocks might be magnetite. With lots of iron in them they should be heavier then the other rocks, and attract to a magnet.
Out of the last 3, in the middle row, I'll venture to say, the reddish one in the middle could be hematite....and I'll go with Granite for the 2 white ones.
Can you or the other members let me know if I was even close?
Best of luck!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may get more help in the "Geological Forum" -rocks/gems. It's farther down the forums list.

Nice finds! And Welcome to T-Net!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hay, I took a geogoly course in college and still can't tell one from another except A is quartz. Frank..
. 111-1 profile.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread