Never hurts to ask
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Feb 2007
    WV

Never hurts to ask

In my research I keep coming up with what seems to be great spots to MD such as an old fort , a few old home sites ,old festival grounds,etc . The problem was they all are on the same large tract of land and I have been told time and time again that the owner would not let anyone MD or do anything else on is land unless he had something major to gain. Yesterday I decided what the hell and picked up the phone and called the guy introduced myself and ask, to my suprise I now have permission to MD anytime I want, all he ask was for me to let him know anytime I was going to be there. Guess where I'm headed later this morning
    B.H.

us
    Sep 2006
    N.W.A.
    Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
    16 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: Never hurts to ask

last fall I contacted the owner of some heavily posted property, no tresspassing signs every 100'. His response was truly inspiring, I not only got permission, he made copies of his abstract map, and invited my wife and I for lunch the day before thanksgiving. All he asks is that I notify him before I do any "major excavation", he'd also like to know if I find anything really interesting. He refreshed my belief in the human spirit.
    I noticed that no-one really utilizes all the signature space provided, so I figured to be REALLY original I would make up the longest signature that I could and probably just leave it as one big run on sentence because all that punctuation just takes up way too much space-HH.

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County Tower City
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    36842 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

You Just Learned Rule #1 in Gaining Permission.

Never Trust Opinions from the Unadvised.

CONGRATS !

Jeff

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    127 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Thats a great story to "inspire the uninspired"!

Just ask... I think the fear of asking is why most folks just don't get into that one place they keep driving by and wondering about.

WTG!

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County Tower City
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    36842 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

On the other side of the coin,
    I have heard those say.

"That place is so well Known, it's no use detecting it
    because everybody & their Brother searched it already"

When in fact, nobody searched it, Because
    they all thought it's been Hunted.

us
    Nov 2003
    Orange Co. NY
    White's xlt,Tesoro Silver umax, and Compadre.
    44 times

inspired here t/y
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00313.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	152.1 KB 
ID:	121142  
    You know it's a good day when you not only have surface finds of Pulltabs, but pull two out of the same hole.

us
    Sep 2006
    N.W.A.
    Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
    16 times
    Banner Finds (1)

At this time of year, close-up pictures are neither funny nor appreciated
    I noticed that no-one really utilizes all the signature space provided, so I figured to be REALLY original I would make up the longest signature that I could and probably just leave it as one big run on sentence because all that punctuation just takes up way too much space-HH.

Sponsored Links